No announcement yet.

Jeffs MSP GTR Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was just rebooting my server it should show fine now. was just the 2 pics in a parking lot.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
    2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
    Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

hell. you have less snow up there then we do in wisconsin...... lucky sob
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

It never snows in Toronto too much, it's a vortex.
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

those were after the last big fall melted. its snowing again today. we actually had more snow this winter than we have had in many years.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)

Comment

then the new rims and tuner lugs went on. as you can see i need to get coilovers.

Last edited by vtec-this; 03-25-2013, 12:13 AM.

Comment

guys does anyone have a functioning link for the V6 alternator swap onto a BP motor / harness? Was hoping to do this ASAP but I cant find any working links!

edit/found it. gotta go find a mpv alternator bolt somehow now..anyone know the length / thread of the bolt? Maybe I can get one at a hardware store?
              Last edited by vtec-this; 04-09-2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

i just went to mazda today and ordered the proper mpv bolt. cost $4 told em 96 mpv v6 it should be here tomorrow.

Comment

here is my new egt alternator and mpv v6 alternator.

I did the MPV V6 upgrade / swap earlier today.kept the egt as a backup.

drove around all night and its driving nice. i guess time will tell. all i needed to do the conversion to the 110amp alt was a $4 lower mounting bolt for the MPV alternator from the dealer.

the plug and +terminal are on different side but it was otherwise just as easy as installing the egt alternator. the pulley and pulley bolt is same size but slightly different. seems to work fine with the egt belt.
                  Last edited by vtec-this; 04-11-2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

wait...... you actually found a 110 amp MPV alt?? i've only ever seen one. id love to toss one of those in instead of the KJ millenia alt.
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Depending on what site I look up MPV alternators show anything from 70 amp to 110amp for the v6.

Mine says 110A mitsubishi on it so I am assuming this stands for 110 amp. if not I guess I only got a 5 amp "upgrade" lol
                      Last edited by vtec-this; 04-11-2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

good job with the pics and the pt# for the bolt! We should copy that post to show people.
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

and it was from a 96 mpv 3.0? the pulley issue nags me but you found a good fit ..

Comment

check out fe3-323s thread he has the year range.

Comment

looking for what you found .. all i can find are the 70 A

Comment

correct. but when I look at the alt it says "Mitsubishi 110A" beside the mitsubishi logo. If that doesnt mean its a 110amp, then its just a 70amp, which is a 5amp "upgrade".

The one thing I forgot to do was weigh them to see how much of a difference there was.

Onto new "old" stuff.

Just got yet another pulley. It is a big nose and the plate that is held in by 4 bolts is slightly different than my original big nose plate, my gtr plate and the miata plate.

So essentially there are 4 or more different "backing plate adaptor pieces".

The one I got today also has the plate on the front of the pulley which makes it look like a small nose like my original pulley (the reason I though I had a small nose to begin with was because of this stupid plate).

pics are just uploading now.

Comment

Working...
                                X