No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Ontario we get **** for changing our plates. I had a friend do the same thing on his cooper S. Shortly afterwards he got a fine for damaging provincial property. Looks awesome though
    1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Yea well tech. our plates are property of the state as well, but theyve been giving me **** for not having it on at all so I figure this is better than nothing lol. Plus its just bent not cut so I can bend it back if need be

Also, Im inside letting my hands warm back up. Heres what ive accomplished so far.

Fender off

Fender cleaned up and worked back to what I think is stock shape

Couple of scuffed spots

Broken headlight mount, the part that the bumper clips to, looks like Ill have a bit of headlight gap
      Last edited by Sleezer1533; 03-11-2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Ok so the fender is back on and everything is lined up pretty decent.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

As you can see I had to get a little drastic to get the bumper to line up properly again

Come nicer weather in the spring I may sand down this side of the bumper, bondo any deep gashes, and re-spray. As well as touch up the bad spots on the fender. But this is how Im gonna leave it for now

Comment

So I also ordered a 1 farad cap to maybe solve the electrical issues Ive been having

Also, I noticed this today. Its the plastic cover around the timing belt and cam gears. Not supposed to be like this Im assuming, any ideas on what caused this and does it need to be fixed asap?

Comment

body work looks alright mate (minus Ziptie*) but it should be workable come spring, Glad to hear your picking up a cap. Also my buddy bent his plate the same way you did, and still got **** for it. It looks awesome but we cant get away for something like that for too long here.

Ty

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Installed the oil catch can Ive had laying around today ... Think I did everything right, except I didnt use all the pieces to the "kit" :/

With the intake filter and coolant bottle removed

With everything back together

How I hooked it up

And the piece I didnt use, the right side is open like one would expect but the left side is just a solid metal piece with no hole in it basically a plug. Not sure why this would be needed :/

Comment

Checked the catch can the other day ... thin layer of oil on the drain plug so its def. working

Also got some 4 gauge ring terminals today for the cap install, just have to wait for the cap to get here and Ill see about getting it hooked up.

Comment

Picked up the Cap today and got everything together, maybe Ill install it this weekend

Also,
                  Crappy Cell pic, but it was so nice out me and my buddies sat outside with some beers while I played some music from the car.

Comment

Spent the day on the car...

Installed the cap today:

Seems Low no?:

Ill tidy up the wiring another time

Also, I cleaned up the winter grime out of the engine bay and cleaned up the interior. Heres some of the bay ...

Wash and first wax of the season might come next weekend

Comment

the cap will crank up when you run the car.

sigpic

Comment

^^Ill see if it does, my other guess as to why the electrical problems were happening was due to a fading battery, and the cap can only charge to the max voltage the batt is putting out right?

Comment

Your right. Fading battery would cause all of your issue's, so the cap will help save the next one. Your alternator would have been doing its job but the battery just couldn't put out enough.

sigpic

Comment

Well Ill see what the cap does for my issues, I dont feel like purchasing a new batt right away.

Comment

Got this in the mail today ... my first one got chewed up a little this winter. Originally I wanted to just replace the chewed up letters but looks like last time I got the 8" and this time I got the 12" ... Ill have to check it out cuz I could've sworn I got the 12" last time. Should be going on when the weather gets nicer along with a new SLS Performance one thats on the way as well.

Comment

wow that was alot of reading,
                                but worth it.

keep up the good work keith.
                                you know who this is so no intro's needed. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X