Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when are ya gonna do the 5 speed swap, mang? lol
    also, the carbon fiber wrap on the interior bits is a nice touch. it looks really good.
    loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
    73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
    sigpic

Comment

nice
      1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by 89BG 323 View Post
        when are ya gonna do the 5 speed swap, mang? lol
        also, the carbon fiber wrap on the interior bits is a nice touch. it looks really good.
        Well, I just went apartment hunting with my buddy today, so if I can get the job with Syracuse police I want. Then Ill slowly start buying the necessary parts when the money is available and then once Ive got all I need, Ill spend a weekend doin it.

Pretty good for a cell pic

Thats my buddy Ryan, we were apartment hunting today ... he laughing cuz he thought it would be funny to jump in the way of the pic and hump my car just before I took this one

Last edited by Sleezer1533; 04-03-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleezer1533 View Post
          Yea I use picasa for the same reasons.

Also, checked the status of some items .... 3' x 4' Carbon fiber wrap for the fender, and car power cord for my laptop to run the OBDII reader are marked as delivered. Mail room wont be open for pickup till Monday though

Edit: just looked at the hours, the mail room is open tomorrow from 1-3 ... yay.
          OK so now Im pissed...
          Stopped by the mailroom today, they had the car charger and and a book I had to order for a class ... but no CF vinyl even though it says it was delivered on the 2nd. The girl had no clue, there was no record of it even coming into the mailroom
          I sent an email to the person who organizes the package e-mail notifications since he has more authority than the dumb asses who actually have you sign for packages that includes all the tracking numbers...
          Hopefully I can get this sorted out.

Comment

****ty man :/ atleast youre not without a car for another week+... once again, I get shafted by the ****ty body shop my insurance sent me to for my accident. They're so ****ing terrible at getting my quarterpanel right that I don't even know what I'm going to do if it looks ****ty again. They tell me it'll take 3 days... well I dropped it off last Monday and keep getting the "itll be done tomorrow" bit. they also stained my back seat the last time around so... im pretty pissed off. anyway, the metallic on the rims looks good man, and the CF accents too! keep it up, and LOWER IT!!!
            '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Death to hammer on wheel weights
              1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdaspd2008 View Post
                ****ty man :/ atleast youre not without a car for another week+... once again, I get shafted by the ****ty body shop my insurance sent me to for my accident. They're so ****ing terrible at getting my quarterpanel right that I don't even know what I'm going to do if it looks ****ty again. They tell me it'll take 3 days... well I dropped it off last Monday and keep getting the "itll be done tomorrow" bit. they also stained my back seat the last time around so... im pretty pissed off. anyway, the metallic on the rims looks good man, and the CF accents too! keep it up, and LOWER IT!!!
                Man dude you are getting run around on that whole thing, Id be pissed as hell and looking for some sort of discount/compensation. Thanks for the kind words on my car ... although the rims have no metallic ... yet

Originally posted by TheDanny View Post
                Death to hammer on wheel weights
                Haha, Im surprised at how often people notice them, but I def agree it would look better without em :p

Comment

So I got a reply from the head of the student mailroom: he said he checked (7:30AM) and it was not there but told me packages first get delivered to the old mailroom in the basement of one of the academic buildings. So I went there and asked ... no package. But they did say that a bunch of packages were brought over to the student mail room this morning. Hopefully it was after my package was checked for this morning, otherwise Im not sure what I can do...

Comment

none yet? Haha looked like it in that last picture you posted. They look super shiny there. I like. Good luck with your package ordeal... supposed to be getting my car back today and even if it's perfect I'm gonna be asking for some compensation for being inconvenienced so many times... this is now the second time that I was told it'd take 3 days and then ended up taking over a week.
                    '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

After being lost in the school mail room for a few days, the CF vinyl is here along with my new foglight bulbs. Im really pleased with this CF wrap, its a bit more glossy than the 3M DiNoc :D
                      ............Looks like the CF will wait till Im home for easter break, that way Ill have a garage and all the tools I could ever need, as well as my heat gun.

Also, Ive been doing a lot of price hunting for the parts Ill be needing for the 5spd swap its becoming more and more of reality. Looks like I can do it for around 2K. Obv. Im going to be starting with the most expensive and necessary part ... the tranny. Just gotta save up and then find one.

Comment

Haha, Im surprised at how often people notice them, but I def agree it would look better without em :p
                        And unfortunately you can't just put tape weights on these wheels instead. I've tried, no bueno.

Comment

Are there any other options, like say a tire shop could do other than on the face of the wheel?

Comment

car-part.com. should be able to find a trans pretty close to ya for a reasonable price. its how i found my BP. this sh*ts great.
                            loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
                            73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                            sigpic

Comment

Yea there is actually one for $450 with 14K miles that is about 10 miles from me on carpart.com. Hopefully its still there once I get the money...

Comment

Are there any other options, like say a tire shop could do other than on the face of the wheel?
                                Tape weights are the only other option for balancing wheels. Our stock wheels don't have enough front to back balance to use them

Comment

Working...
                                X