No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got tired of searching through my thread to find pictures to link to, so I hyperlinked my mod list so I can click on a part and it brings me to the page I posted it on :D

Comment

very nice
      1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Got pulled over today for my window tint, and was issued a ticket

Anyone ever get a ticket for this? If so, what was the fine like and will removing the tint prior to appearing in court make a difference?

Comment

It won't help your case no. The officer has to have a light meter in Ontario otherwise they cant do anything. They can issue you a ticket but nothing will come of it in court. Check the traffic act and find out whether or not they need to have a light meter to fine you. Some places it depends on the officers discretion though. A buddy of mine has 5% (limo tint) on his MKV GTI with 13" wide wheels on the back with 10" tires stretched to them, and he hasn't gotten a ticket for any of that. You can barley see out the windows in the day let alone at night.

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Yea they used a meter.

Comment

Then there isn't anything you can do then. What percent is your tint?

sigpic

Comment

Supposed to be 20%, Meter said 12% legal is 70%. I asked around and heard that If you can remove you tint before the court date and explain tot he judge that you removed it, many times they will just charge you the court fee and not the total fine which is considerably less. So if the weather is decent tomorrow Ill take the tints off and then see if I can go to the station and get an officer to measure it again and if I can get some documentation of that then Ill bring that to court with me ans see if the judge feels like being ncie.

Comment

Well at least you have that option. I hope all goes well for you. Often times the light meter isn't perfect but if the reading was that dramatic then its obviously dark. I didn't even know that they had 12% tint.

sigpic

Comment

Also a good thing your car isn't lowered!

sigpic

Comment

So Im home till Monday and got a good start on the laundry list of things I need to do to the car...

Took the window tint off ...
                      with the help of a clothes steamer I got the job done in like 15 mins with no glue left behind whatsoever

Then I got to work on the fender...
                      Since I was wrapping the fender and didnt have to worry about hurting the paint, I decided to roll the fender lip in case Ill need it done later on down to road.
                      The wrap went on decently well, there are a couple wrinkles I need to take care of tomorrow

Also wrapped the little side molding, not sure if I want it on or not though...

Took the eyelids off the car, but they didnt fair too well (Sorry AJ :/ )

This is how she sits, Ill be back out in the garage tomorrow :D

Comment

interesting progress..... what are you up to?
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

very nice

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                            interesting progress..... what are you up to?
                            Meh, just getting a ton of small stuff done that Ive been putting off

Comment

Ok time for a lunch break .... mmmm leftover Chinese :D

Heres what I got done so far...
                              Broke one of the tabs on the grille trying to take it off so I fixed that

Made new eyelids out of CF wrap, I think they came out pretty decent for an amateur job

Also went and picked up a pair of Ford escape endlinks

Comment

Thought Id take a minute to warm up and update while im here

Got the endlinks in, wasnt nearly as bad as I was told it was going to be

This is what I did for the top nut...

and what I ended up doing for the bottom nut...

same thing for the drivers side except since you are prying up I secured the sway bar with a C clamp

Old versus New

Secured and in place

Comment

Working...
                                X