No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your pad isn't contacting at the bottom. I'd replace both on that end of the car in order to get proper and even wear
    1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

I just replaced em, they arent 5 months old yet

Comment

Thats not to bad then. But the problem one should be replaced asap

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Currently praying it stops hailing!!! THey didnt mention hail or I wouldve protected the car

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing the piston is seized. Same thing happened to mine, couldn't get the caliper back on the rotors because I couldn't get the piston to go back in.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

Decided to tackle the pesky caliper today.

Jacked her up and took the wheel off, I had to pound the caliper off the rotor with a hammer

Then I applied liberal amounts of caliper grease to the piston, pumped the brakes a few times pushing the piston back in between times. Then put the rotor back on, and this time it fit right over the rotor unlike last time where i had to force it on a bit.

Took her for a ride, and voila! Normal brake pressure :D :D :D

Now Im just going to have uneven rotor/pad wear which probably isnt that good, but considering I just replaced the front pads and rotors in December, Im not about to do it again.

Couple pics I took of the parking lot wrenching

Comment

seriously beefy endlinks!!!
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I kno right, and they are cheaper than stock :D

Comment

Moogs?

sigpic

Comment

Yep they come stock on 2002 ford escapes

Comment

thats what I replaced the link kit with on the front sway link. I lowered the car last week, so I just need some free time to install the backs.

sigpic

Comment

Being that Im no longer going to be living at home I need toolz . Here are some additional ones that I had to pick up to get the brake job done the other day. Sometimes a new tool is just as exiting as a new part :D

Comment

tools are everything. Tools bring you closer to your car.

sigpic

Comment

and at the other end of the spectrum, having your tools stolen pulls you away. i hate when it happens, even if its just a couple of small things.
                                loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
                                73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X