No announcement yet.

Keith's '02 Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered new gaskets for the intake manifold which Ill have to remove to get at that rear mount. Also went to home depot and picked up some gas line for a hot water heater so I can replace the EGR pipe with it and hopefully never have to wrestle with the damn thing again lol.

Also this:

Comment

if your pulling the intake manifold...... check to see if you have the partial butterflies right near the port entry... i think they were called VTCS???? anyhow if you have them close to the head in the intake path take them out. it'll help out alot
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Holy snow, Batman!! It snowed a little bit over near me, but not even an inch.

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
          if your pulling the intake manifold...... check to see if you have the partial butterflies right near the port entry... i think they were called VTCS???? anyhow if you have them close to the head in the intake path take them out. it'll help out alot
          Ill def. be checking them b/c they seem to come loose all the time on 3rd gens, but I was told on another forum that removing them would mean a loss of low end power...?

Comment

Began the dig-out today

I also need to work on a winter wheel/tire setup, currently my tires spin at the drop of a hat with even the slightest bit of slushy snow on the roads, scary and aggravating at the same time

Comment

Glad I don't live out your way. I hate snow. The only good part is being able to do donuts, haha.

Comment

So yet again, the electical problems came back today.

1st: heat was on, stereo was on, headlights were on
                2nd: What would happen was the speakers would shut out (bass still operating) lights would dim, rpms would drop, and v1 plugged into the front outlet would shut off. This all happened for no more than like 3 sec periods

Does this sound like a ground problem, if so will one of those grounding kits Ive seen in people's engine bays fix this, also I though I would throw this out there: both my amps are grounded to the same spot on the chassis in the trunk I dunno if this is a no no or not just thought I would mention it

Any help would be great thanks!

Comment

Big list of stuff to be done to the car starting this weekend:

Install AWR rear mount and replace EGR pipe with hot water tank piping
                  (hopefully the new mount will solve my engine rattle)

Install NRG grounding kit

Hopefully pick up msp sub/amp deck ... get rid of my current sub/amp setup ... get new sub and amp for the deck and rock the new setup

As well as some other minor stuff that Ive been ignoring for a while

Comment

Looked through the car domain page you have and its lookin great, love what you did with the front grille, looks awesome! You need to do the 5spd swap, get some MSP bumpers, and lower this thing!
                    '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Indeed, its all on the list!! I think instead of the MSP bumper though Im leaning more toward the accessory lip if I can get my hand on one

Comment

you should try and get the msp spoiler. they look dope. :D
                        loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
                        73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe at some point, for me the look inst worth what they are going for right now

Comment

The later style MSP spoiler is super dope fa sho! lol. I'd atleast get the p5 bumper (pretty much the same, lol.) only because I've always found the stock bumper on the normal ES models to be kinda ugly where it comes to the lower grill/fogs
                            '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Yea for starters I need to work on getting the car running solid for right now, and then when the money comes in I can start buying her some more presents lol

The P5/msp/mp3 bumper is definitely much better that the stock sedan ones by far lol. However, there are a few dope 3rd gens over at Mazdas247 that rock the sedan accessory lip that is currently discontinued. If I could get my hands on one I think I would prefer that look over the bumper.
                              This is one of m y fav proteges by that rocks the lip:

^^Def the sort of look ill be going for depending on how the protege holds up

Comment

ive never seen that before, thats a sick lookin setup just gotta get that grill insert with the round fogs instead, cause that looks badass!
                                '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Working...
                                X