No announcement yet.

My 2002 KLZE Protege 5, kl to kj swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test drive, umm well i didn't get the rad in yesterday so that will need to be done, i need to get a throttle cable since the P5 one isn't long enough to reach and i didn't keep the millenia one, i didn't get to finish the exhaust because my jack died on me and all i had was my scissor jack and i don't trust those things at all, so i wanna get it able to move on its own so i can put it on car ramps for the exhaust work

Worst case, next weekend i should have it finished up

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Oh and the reason why it wouldnt idle originally is because my buddy accidently hooked up a P5 connector to the MAF, so the KJ ECU could not see the MAF and hence why it would not idle for me, but obviously thats fixed now lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Got the rad in, and got the final wiring touched up, and just tying up the little odds and ends here and therem but this is basically the finished engine bay

And i was working on hooking up the power steering lines, heater core hoses etc amd there is not much room to work with

Comment

she is super tight in there. glad you got it done. if i was nearby i would say take me for a rip in it.
          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Look like it was made that way, everything fitted nicely. The white engine cover looks out of place, do you plan on repainting it?
            SPI swapped

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WhiteLightning96

Comment

making good progress man!!!
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Looks great dood!

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

The white engine cover looks out of place, do you plan on repainting it

no way man the white looks good makes it pop out at ya when u open the hood. good job chris look awsome in there.

Comment

Thanks guys, it's almost borderline too-tight in there, its a real PITA to work at the back of the engine, like trying to hook up the power steering lines and heater core hoses really sucks to do, i hope i never have to do that again lol

as for the engine cover, i thought about re-painting it but i'd rather see how well the white cleans up since its pretty dirty lol but like Mike said, it makes it pop out at ya so i'll probably leave it as-is (after a clean up though)

Originally posted by progt91 View Post
                    if i was nearby i would say take me for a rip in it.
                    Chances are one day i'll be up your way, and i'd have no problem giving a ride in it

Comment

looks good man! so you just going to run it with no ducting at all for now for the coolers, and just deal with that later on?

and that yellow underside of the hood is killing me. go out and buy some plasti-dip, and do the underside of your hood!
                      ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                      ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                      What are you driving?

Comment

Ya i'm just going to leave the intake ducting as-is for now, i know it's not gunna be that efficient, but i've read the stock I/C's are junk to begin with, my future plan is to build my own intake plenum so i can run a FMIC, something that'll actually work well lol

As for the yellow under the hood, its on my to-do list no worries there lol i've just obviously been busy with everything else

Comment

What mount are you using on the passenger side? just a stock millenia?

(cant wait for test drive vid)

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                          1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

I ended up making a custom pass side mount

Comment

Today I went to the junkyard and picked up a throttle cable, and you won't believe but I picked up a festiva cable, and it actually bolted up dam near perfect, only thing I had to do was modify the mounting bracket

And I also got the exhaust made up, but I didn't get to finishing up the coolant system, so tomorrow hopefully

With the exhaust now on it, i can rev it up without worrying about pissing off the neighbours and i've found an issue that needs to be fixed... i'm thinking a fuel issue, potentially just not enough gas in it (the gauges is right on "E" lol) but i'd like some other input for different ideas in case it's not a fuel issue

Here's a vid of whats its doing, it'll rev up just fine on a fresh start up, but then seem like a rev limiter but at varying RPM's

But DAM i am loving the sound of this thing lol

Comment

What year is this all from?? Sounds like a factory style rev limiter.. I know a lot manufactures were playing with them in the late 90's early 2000's for protection from over reving in neutral

Comment

Working...
                                X