• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wanna at least go for a ride in it sometime

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

So, I couldn't resist; I took it up and down the road for a quick rip. While it runs, there is very little power. Runs and accelerates perfectly smooth. I figure I have to trick the factory bypass valve which limits boost in the stock Millenia in first gear. Not a big deal, it's drivable as it is, I'm very pleased.
      sigpic
      1992 Familia GT-X
      1988 323 GTX
      2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
      2014 Civic Touring

Comment

I'm glad to hear your happy with it man.... As for the lack of power, do you think that could simply be from having the make-shift MAP in there?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Yeah, could be.

Edit: This has to be the issue. I'm not getting any boost at all, the sensor range is way out of whack. I guess it's just close enough to not throw a code anymore. I don't know if a new MAP sensor will give me full boost, but I'm confident it will at least give me the 7psi limited boost as it does in first gear. There is no info anywhere on what it boosts with no transmission signal, so I'll just have to hook it up and see what I get. If I only get 7 psi, all the time, I'm thinking the computer would be happy with a manual boost controller in front of the MAP sensor, such that when I get 14 PSI, the factory boost level, the MAP sensor will see 7. I just don't know how well that would work with vacuum, so I'll put in a tee before the controller with a check valve, route that to a tee after the controller, so the MAP sensor will read proper vacuum. I'll also have to install a A/F ratio gauge to make sure she doesn't lean out.
          Last edited by DuRWooD; 01-07-2012, 03:28 PM.
          sigpic
          1992 Familia GT-X
          1988 323 GTX
          2014 Civic Touring

Comment

a good running KJ is pretty impressive- even in a millenia's heavy body.
            or so i thought @ least. It would **** all over a normal KL thats for sure.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

^^^I agree with that!

I cant wait to see this thing in action.
              Josh
              95' AWD MX-3 RST - Still a work in progress
              05' MS RX-8 - Needing some love in the form of a new motor, soon to be FE3 powered
              Work Log - http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53776
              Cardomain Page - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/408020
              Face Book page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mazda-...37983472959216

Comment

If I could find the sensor range for a regular millennia map sensor, I could get it to run right temporarily with a programmable pressure transducer.
                sigpic
                1992 Familia GT-X
                1988 323 GTX
                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

I found the sensor trims I was looking for. The sensor I'm using maxes out at 0.5 psi, the Millennia seems to be around 16 psi. If I get some time tomorrow, I'll put something in to see what kind of power I get.
                  sigpic
                  1992 Familia GT-X
                  1988 323 GTX
                  2014 Civic Touring

Comment

what about a sensor from an RX7??
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Any sensor will do that has 50% output at atmo, 0% at full vac and 100% at ~1 bar. Damkid is tracking down a millennia sensor soon, if not I found one for sale on another forum.
                      sigpic
                      1992 Familia GT-X
                      1988 323 GTX
                      2014 Civic Touring

Comment

I got excited last night as I went home from work with a GM "2 bar" MAP sensor in hand, just before I hacked it up to solder wires on it, I decided to measure the output. It's a ****ing 1 bar. It seems BWD lists a 1 bar map sensor for the cobalt ss, when it should in fact be a 2 bar. Then today I call up JET Performance to enquire about a custom burn for my millennia ECU, they tell me to fax them the details! Jesus, I wonder if their tuning is as rudimentary as their customer service. So anyway, this is turning into a BJ bitch log lately, I promise to have it running soon!

If anyone can flash my Millennia PCM, pm me. I need the safety boost cut disabled.
                        sigpic
                        1992 Familia GT-X
                        1988 323 GTX
                        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

idk can milly ecu's be flashed.

oh- can you look up the milly S FPR pressure for me pretty please!!

Comment

Jet has a tune for the milly s already, they even disable the first gear boost cut, and up the boost to 16 psi. I believe fuel pressure is 45 psi, but I'll check.
                            sigpic
                            1992 Familia GT-X
                            1988 323 GTX
                            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

yea me and chris are going tomorrow to hopefully grab a sensor for ya lol
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Yeah, I was talking to him last night. I just wanted to get it running yesterday real bad so I didn't have to drive the Familia in the storm. Oh well, it's fun as Hell in the snow.
                                sigpic
                                1992 Familia GT-X
                                1988 323 GTX
                                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Working...
                                X