No announcement yet.

My 2002 KLZE Protege 5, kl to kj swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take a video once it's impressive. It needs new plugs for sure, and I won't be able to do that until next week. I'll hopefully be driving it all week so I can take the insurance off the Familia.
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

the boosted KJ is more impressive then any KL. pulls ALOT better too
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Soldered all the wiring connections and mounted the ECU behind the glovebox. I had to cut the box portion of the glovebox off, making it a wiring access door. I never keep much in there anyway. Also put the winter tires on today, and fixed the rad fan.

The clutch isn't getting better, but I don't plan on replacing it until the summer when I can drive my other cars. The struts and mounts are also cooked, I'm debating on replacing the struts with stock or upgrading.
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

ALWAYS upgrade
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

southbend/fidanza and ksport time

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
            1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

Congrats on getting the car running right man. 1 of a kind car you got.
              Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
              "Who Dey"

Comment

Thanks man. I had a completely trouble free day with it today until I went to go buy spark plugs. I spend a half an hour at the parts counter telling them the plugs I need. Eventually they found the right ones, with the original part number I gave them. Had to order them in though. They wanted $27 a piece for them, I talked them down to $18 ea. Tonight I'll probably be installing a stereo if I get enough energy.
                sigpic
                1992 Familia GT-X
                1988 323 GTX
                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

**** I'm dumb. I just spent half an hour neatly soldering in my stereo wiring harness, then another half an hour searching online for the stereo pinout, as I thought my ill wire had pulled out of the connector. It then dawned on me, I just soldered in the harness for the wrong stereo! Arg...
                  sigpic
                  1992 Familia GT-X
                  1988 323 GTX
                  2014 Civic Touring

Comment

lol

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
                    2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
                    Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

^^X2 lol

<------- still awaiting a driving vid haha no rush though man lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Haha man I always have stupid moments like that.

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Made another stupid move. I worked on the car till 4am last night, rewired a bunch of crap, and put some nice speakers in the doors. I somehow lost the passenger door lock button, I can't even see where the wire is, so I'm driving around with no passenger door panel until I find it.
                          sigpic
                          1992 Familia GT-X
                          1988 323 GTX
                          2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Clutch seems to be working better now, I drove it a couple days with the supercharger bypass open, so I could seat the clutch, that seemed to work. I'll be picking up my new plugs this week. Buying Tokico HP blues this week too. Those should make a nice difference over completely ****ed stockers.

I also found out that the ECU does control the boost through the bypass valve much like a wastegate. This is the opposite of what everyone seems to be saying, but the solenoid that control the valve are controlled with a variable duty cycle which is directly proportional to bypass valve position. I'm working on programming the boost control portion of the ECU myself, although I've never done this before. The PIDs can be read and changed with software I have on my laptop, my laptop doesn't have Bluetooth, so I'm going to have to borrow a laptop, and see if I can even get into the boost presets.

Last edited by DuRWooD; 01-28-2012, 08:59 PM.
                            sigpic
                            1992 Familia GT-X
                            1988 323 GTX
                            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

So are you basically doing that to increase the max boost? if so that's pretty awesome man!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

so i'm confused here, how many people are doing KJ swaps?
                                1993 Mercury Tracer, KLDE VItara build swap, Compound turbos, 12 injectors, 2 wastegates, 2 Megasquirts, 2 axles, 2 everything, why not

2nd Compounded KL in the world

Comment

Working...
                                X