No announcement yet.

Awd mp5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lil more work done to the center console. Rough shaping. More to go.. as you can see after sanding and shaping, the foam is showing lots of small craters and voids that will need some filler before I even get close to glassing it.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
    HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
    Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

More progress. Still not sure how or where I'm going to add gauges in on it.

Comment

is that a full double din? or even more?
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Full double. I decided to keep it in its original location.

Comment

^an idea probably for the best, just in terms of ease. sweet tho. leaves room for more options
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

is this a kia trans in the pic? I got a 3rd gen 2.0 top trans mountand bracket in my hands and mocking it up to the EGT trans I have here the flange pattern is similar, but needs some serious drilling to fit.

you mentioned earlier something about taking the kia bracket and using that to adapt the rear 3rd gen top trans mount to the bp trans? dont see it in this pic so I am assuming you just widened the bolt holes on the flange of the 3rd gen top trans mount bracket?

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
              2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
              Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

EGT trans in the picture. I haven't modified anything with the brackets. I said that the kia gseries has the mounting points on the case that the fs gseries uses for that rear mount. If you have a kia trans, you can use the rear mount. Old gseries cases do not have the option to use it. I'm not even going to use that mount with my setup anyways.

Comment

I haven't modified anything with the brackets
                  ok but in that pic is it with the 3rd gen bracket drilled to fit the egt trans? if noy did you have an auto trans mount bracket because my 5-speed 2.0 fsde trans mount bracket needs to be drilled out to fit the egt trans bolt pattern.

did the stock linkage reach in that position?

I am thinking of trying to mod my medieval pass side fsde mount to mimic the dimensions of the 1.6 mount, and then drill the 2.0 top trans mount bracket to fit the egt trans flange pattern. just not sure if linkage will fit and if the drivetrain will be level. if not I may be able to use washers to level it out a bit. that is what I had to do with my current setup to get it level.
                  Last edited by vtec-this; 08-28-2012, 11:57 PM.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)

Comment

Originally posted by vtec-this View Post
                    ok but in that pic is it with the 3rd gen bracket drilled to fit the egt trans? if noy did you have an auto trans mount bracket because my 5-speed 2.0 fsde trans mount bracket needs to be drilled out to fit the egt trans bolt pattern.

did the stock linkage reach in that position?

I am thinking of trying to mod my medieval pass side fsde mount to mimic the dimensions of the 1.6 mount, and then drill the 2.0 top trans mount bracket to fit the egt trans flange pattern. just not sure if linkage will fit and if the drivetrain will be level. if not I may be able to use washers to level it out a bit. that is what I had to do with my current setup to get it level.
                    Differences as shown. Linkage does indeed line up no problem for me. Areas shown in red are the same for the top trans mount bracket. >

The mount locations/studs shown in blue are existent on the egt gseries and tapped, just no spacer like the FS gseries.

This raised stud area exists on the kia stuff.

Last but not least, the rear mounting location which only exists on the kia stuff.

Last edited by jinx; 08-29-2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

interesting/good to know info!

Comment

that rear casing looks like a KL mount would bolt up to it lol
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

yes the non mx3 KL uses the same mount locations, hence the KL being bolt on for the BJ =p
                          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

lol thanks a million a picture is worth a thousand words.

I thought I was supposed to reuse that oem egt bracket piece between the trans and the mount plate where the stock egt top trans mount would bolt in, I didnt realize you were bolting it directly to the trans case like that.

if I have time I want to try and test fit this asap. my custom mounts are ugly as sin as I welded them. this should look much cleaner.

this will lift the whole drivetrain up quite a bit compared to where I have it now (back and low). you didnt have trouble with your hood closing did you?

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
                              yes the non mx3 KL uses the same mount locations, hence the KL being bolt on for the BJ =p
                              I keep forgetting the KL has the rear mount location...

Comment

The 95 bp protege also uses that rear mount location.
                                Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                                "Who Dey"

Comment

Working...
                                X