No announcement yet.

Awd mp5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

god that's a think of beauty lol. I'm sure you can squeeze that Tial in there. Worse case couldn't you make a small angled extension for the EWG using 2 flanges and a piece of angled SCH pipe? Unless you think you'd get a good dollar for your current if she doesn't fit lol
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
      god that's a think of beauty lol. I'm sure you can squeeze that Tial in there. Worse case couldn't you make a small angled extension for the EWG using 2 flanges and a piece of angled SCH pipe? Unless you think you'd get a good dollar for your current if she doesn't fit lol
      I've been thinking about getting one of the newer water cooled vbanded tial mv-s so I can utilize the turbo water in/outlets for it. It's also much smaller in size. Treadstone makes a 2 bolt to vband adapter.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

honestly. after comparing the Tial MVS & the turbosmart wastegates i lean towards the turbosmart for quality & ease of use(changing springs/etc)
        turbosmart has better quality metals used in their flanges/Vband clamps. one can only guess further about the materials actually used in the gate itself.
        the watercooling feature is nice- but far from really needed.
        did i mention the turbosmart is even more compact then the tial unit??
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
          god that's a think of beauty lol.
          I'm thinking about having a few of em made..

Comment

Teasers of test fittings to see how I'm going to do the passenger side mount bracket.

Last edited by jinx; 10-11-2012, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Nice
              sigpic

Comment

seriously looks good in the engine bay!
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

After playing with the real motor in there properly assembled, I've decided that neither the BG or BJ crossmembers will work or function properly using the BG mounts. Looks like I'm going to be doing a completely custom setup since for now I'm stuck using the EGT trans.

Comment

Deciding on whether or not I'm going to do the front mount something like this. Needs moved up about 1/2 inch or so. It would end up being welded to both two hook brackets becoming a drop out setup.

Comment

slight confusion based off the last picture. by move it up a 1/2" do you mean vertical.... or towards the front of the car?

Comment

Vertically so it's damn near center with the mount. It's a simple method for mounting the front mount which can be easily changed when I get to doing drivetrain swapping. Plus it'll help tighten up the front a tiny bit. I'll also be using the valance mounting points for the crossmember to tie it in there as well.
                        Last edited by jinx; 10-12-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

forgive my lack of insight here. but with it near center with the mount. how will you fabricate it to bolt up?

i can say connecting the tow hooks together makes a noticable change to the front end stiffness in a good way.

Comment

I may not be using the oem style mount. Might end up going with a dog bone style directly welded to the tie bar.

Comment

ahhhhh indeed!!

Comment

fyi by centering the rear hole of the bp crossmember with the mounting point of the FS crossmember and then just elongating the holes for the mounting location of the 2 mounts I was able to mount the stock crossmember OK (I also cut the crossmember off right after the front mount and then connected to the front FS crossmember mounting location with my own pipe/flange).

so if this cool dogbone mount idea doesnt work out you can always just revert back to the oem crossmember setup the dog bone mount sounds very interesting!

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
                                2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
                                Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X