X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test fit after tacking it together

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
    HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
    Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Originally posted by jinx View Post
      Not 100% sure this is where the wg will end up just yet. I'm still thinking bout switching over to the vbanded mvs.

I definitely succeeded in making this turbo setup use as little space as possible..

You could always keep your current wastegate and switch the flange to one that has the vband mounted to the 38 mm 2 bolt flange. Like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adapter-For-...251566&vxp=mtr
      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
      "Who Dey"

Comment

Not enough room for it like that with the clamp. The manifold flange has to stay 2 bolt on that end. Mvs is much smaller and I wanted to utilize my unused turbo water ports for said application.
        Last edited by jinx; 11-08-2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

can you raise the pipe for the wastegate enough to clear for the V-band & clamp??
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
            can you raise the pipe for the wastegate enough to clear for the V-band & clamp??
            Only worked with the wastegate pipe enough to clear the runner and downpipe so that I could get my exhaust done. The upper half won't be a problem.. The only real problem was that I didn't want to put the gate so far away from the manifold.

Comment

Blasted the manifold clean. Was so freaking dirty and oily that even heavy duty degreaser wasn't even cutting the filth. Took care of that real quick

Comment

Is that painted or just blasted clean
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M323GTR View Post
                  Is that painted or just blasted clean
                  Just clean. If I were to leave it bare, it would need a few acid baths to restore the outer layer of protection. No matter what, 304 ss will rust eventually..
                  Last edited by jinx; 11-11-2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

First coating of VHT Flame Proof. Oven cured. I'll rebake this one more time before hitting it up with a scotchbrite pad followed by another round of VHT and baking. After all that is done, then comes the wrap.

Comment

Wrapped the manifold up 1" Titanium lava wrap.

Last edited by jinx; 11-15-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

nicely done!
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                          nicely done!
                          It's not quite perfect, but, it'll do

This is where I'm calling it quits for the night. Got it mounted for the last time hopefully... will need reclocking once back in the bay though. Still a bunch of small stuff to work out with it.

Comment

For those who were wondering how my oil drain was getting routed. Still need some Vulcan silicone fire sleeve for the entire run of line though.

Here you can see the clearances between the line and manifold.. Thus the need for some heat protection on the oil line and manifold. I wasn't kidding when I said I designed this setup as tight as possible!!

Turbo blanket showed up, though I won't be installing that until later when I'm done with the exhaust.

Comment

Couple more shots. Need to shorten the oil drain line a tad..

This pic turned out looking like ****, oh well. Shows the blanket in place.

Comment

that is indeed a tight fit. Have you considered running through the core support for IC piping?
                                If i had to do it again. i would put a 90° on mine like that out of AL & run it straight through the core/radiator support

Comment

Working...
                                X