• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's about what the MSP's get with 6 psi

Comment

yeah. . . that's about right, you could probably run 8 or 9 safely though

Comment

8 or 9 on the MSP or 8 or 9 on a protege in general?

Comment

8 or 9 in general, msp uses the same motor fs-something(det?). I know the BP is good for more than that, but I'm talkin about the 2.0 motors

Comment

There are a number of people who have run 20+ and a guy over on the forums is working toward 32 right now... and plenty who run 12-15 daily. It's a strong engine

Comment

It all depends on what kind of turbo you are running. There is no way in hell my MP3 can handle 12-15 daily on a T3. It won't ever see over 7psi for daily driving.

Comment

That's why I asked if he meant MSP or in general... although I'm not quite clear what the difference is. Why does the turbo type make a difference? I would think the internals would be more important.

Comment

Sorry I didn't even read any of the previous posts. I'm too lazy tonight. Alright my brain is turbo dead tonight. Can't put what I want to say into words. **** it, I'll edit this post in the morning to make sense.

Comment

No problem

Comment

But look at it this way, 10psi on a T3 equals (now I am just guessing here to get my point across) around 15psi on a T25.

Comment

See, you're already beginning to get over my head, I don't know a lot about different models of turbos and what differences there are. I can see I have some reading to do.

Comment

It blew me away when I started searching through all the different types of turbos. There are so many different sizes and then you have different housings and compressors and such. But a larger turbo will usually in most cases (leaving room for the possibility) produce more power than a smaller turbo. Thus it is obviously a bit harder on an engine.

Comment

Google here I come

Comment

If you want an informative read about turbos go pick up Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. Most book stores have it, I got mine from Barnes and Noble.

Comment

Yeah, I'm too poor for that right now. Once I am seriously on the road to a turbo I'll get a copy, but for now I'll hold off.

Comment

Working...
                                X