Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you have 2 solutions.

1. Get the trubo kit and add some power

2. Get another car if ur soo eager for power.

cuz its tru. the 1.6L are not all that fast. But ive smoked some hondas and im running an auto. BTW...welcome to the board and to the 1.6L family

Comment

Just another question to add to the thread since it seems like a lot of people view it , will the MS sport exhaust that corksport makes fit the 1.6? anyone know, if not are there any full exhaust systems i can buy? does anyone make a header? and does anyone make a computer chip, like a venom chip. I cant find a header or chip anywhere ...

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
        Just another question to add to the thread since it seems like a lot of people view it , will the MS sport exhaust that corksport makes fit the 1.6? anyone know, if not are there any full exhaust systems i can buy? does anyone make a header? and does anyone make a computer chip, like a venom chip. I cant find a header or chip anywhere ...

Thank you
        Yes, the MS corksport exhaust should fit. Borla also makes a full exhaust system and a coupl others that I can't remeber off hand.

APC and OBX both make a header

There are no computer chips at all.
        Da SR20 Beast

Comment

found this last night

would that acutally work?

Comment

Gesh you wanna get power into the lx auto, I would get the wagner turbo kit but gesh its a auto and who knows if it will blow up and cost you 2000 to replace. Any chance of converting to a manual? The 1.6 is a hi rpm sleeper wtf lol

Comment

i want like 20 more horsepower which an intake exhuast header and chip should definetly give me i dont want to turbo an automatic it isnt worth the money and time ... i dont wanna be a sleeper or fast by any means , just some extra pep.

Comment

i want like 20 more horsepower which an intake exhuast header and chip should definetly give me i dont want to turbo an automatic it isnt worth the money and time ... i dont wanna be a sleeper or fast by any means , just some extra pep.

And Nos, Goodluck man

Comment

because of the design of the mazda's ECU design, a normal piggyback chip like the jet will not work. the problem is that at wide open throttle your ECU only goes by it's factory mapped out settings. under wide open throttle the chip would theoretically work. what you need is a system that takes the output of the stock ECU and changes it. i think the aem system is capable of doing that, but i don't know if anyone has tried it on the 1.6L. the other option is to get the $500 chip from powerchips. i *think* it was like a 10 hp increase. http://www.powerchipgroup.com/intera...sp?pid=Maz0053

edit: i forgot to add that advance imports has their 1.6L intake out, according to the literature my buddy got from them, since he's starting a business. i'm going to have him order one, and see how good it is. i'm not sure what they are charging, but i'm positive i can get you one for way less than the injen CAI
                  Last edited by blue LEDz; 01-11-2004, 10:12 AM.

Comment

i have a 1.6 manual, yes, its not the fastest thing in the world , somehow she doesnt like fast "sporty" shifting. altough she is stronger and 16 valve, its slower then my 1.6 1st gen pro.
                    One day you are born,
                    The next big milestone
                    you discover go zoom-zoom
                    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Working...
                    X