No announcement yet.

Big Hesitation Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah... walmart should have the innertube you need. they're fairly inexpensive.
    -mike lucero
    1988 Mazda 323 GTX
    2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Well I gave it a shot today and no luck. I don't think the innertube was wide enough, it would barely cover the hole. I am too pissed to keep trying, I will attack it again on Friday after classes. If I keep trying tonight I am bound to put a hammer through the windshield.

Comment

Did you get one of them old school 10 speed innertubes?

Comment

I think the one I got was 16.

That seemed to be the thickest ones I could find at Walmart.

Comment

you've gotta cut a section from the tube.. then slit the tube so it folds out... did you do that? any tube should work. i used a really small tube from like a 10 speed or something (huge dia. tire) and it worked fine.
            -mike lucero
            1988 Mazda 323 GTX
            2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

The one I got is really really small. I think I can get it working easily with a wider diameter. I got it sealed up slightly, so it isn't so much a pain in the ass. My patience is gone tonight, so I will just try again later.

Comment

After you fix that I recomment you get something to cover those holes in the scoops. Therefore, you won't have this problem or others that might happen.
                My OLD Car

Comment

My friend has a 2001 Celica and he frequents the NewCelica.org boards. Apparantly, they have the same issues as us as far as hesitation and lack of power at low RPM's. In fact, the Celicas appear to use the exact same MAF as our 1.6 ZM-DE engines.

"Blue Bomber" on NewCelica.org posted an informative thread that may of some use to the do-it-yourselfers around here. He shows several methods of modifying the MAF to read the air correctly. Here is the thread:

Last edited by NegatiZE; 02-11-2004, 11:27 PM.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Man I am still not having any ****ing luck with the seal. I can't make it any tighter than I have. I don't know what the ****ing problem is. I am getting ready to just put the stock intake back in because I am fed up with this ****.

Comment

might as well, or can you return the cai?
                      My OLD Car

Comment

how do you know its the intake at this point? sounds like you've got something else wrong. check your wires and plugs. possibly a bad coil pack. because this shouldnt be causing that bad of problems.. might also just be a bad MAF in general. take the intake off, put stock back on, and take it to the dealership to have it checked. it was under extended warranty for like 75000 miles i believe.
                        -mike lucero
                        1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                        2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Tomorrow night I am going to put back in the stock intake. Then head over to the dealership on Monday and play dumb. Hopefully they won't give me any trouble.
                          Last edited by McCorkle; 02-14-2004, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                            Tomorrow night I am going to put back in the stock intake. Then head over to the dealership on Monday and play dumb. Hopefully they won't give me any trouble.
                            lol act dumb but ull have this kit and cf evo hood?
                            My OLD Car

Comment

even if you put the stock intake back on, and it stops doing it.. it doesnt mean the MAF isn't bad. i've had that happen before. good luck with that. once they fix the maf.. do the seal. and if it doesnt help... you're leaking somewhere else. hopefully the dealership fixes whatever is wrong.
                              -mike lucero
                              1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                              2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Yeah even if it starts running well, I will still be going to the dealership for the new MAF.

Comment

Working...
                                X