Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Witchdoktor
    awesome for those still under warranty
    It seems like a good idea for everyone, warranty or not. Wouldn't you rather have your odometer be correct?

Comment

thanxs guys for the help...got pleanty of ideas...whats that junkyard number? do they mail the ****? btw, what did guys to with the terrible placement where the wires connect to the side of the gauge? when i set mine up the gauge would overlap the little plug thing and it looked funny when i put it all back together, almost uneven

Comment

not sure I understand your question but check your PMs, phone number sent
        Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

Originally posted by Special Blend
          btw, what did guys to with the terrible placement where the wires connect to the side of the gauge? when i set mine up the gauge would overlap the little plug thing and it looked funny when i put it all back together, almost uneven
          Electrical tape and a dremel tool. I just sanded away a piece of the plastic until I could tuck the wire in and it didn't stick out anymore.

Comment

sry...didnt the gauges seem a little uneven when u put them on? hence the bad placement of the wires...

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by uneven... I thought what you meant was that the wires were lumpier than the rest of the gauges, and so the bezel on top of them didn't sit right and there was a gap between it and the gauge faces. IF this is what you meant, I was saying that I just ground out the plastic under the lumpy parts so they could sit flush with the rest of the cluster.

If this isn't what you meant, can you explain in more detail?

Comment

yeah thats kinda what i meant...i donno i guess ill figure it out when i get my new cluster in

Comment

Im sure this has been posted up somewhere but will the gauges of a regular protege like a se or dx n whatnot, work with the mazdaspeed?

Comment

Originally posted by Special Blend
                    Im sure this has been posted up somewhere but will the gauges of a regular protege like a se or dx n whatnot, work with the mazdaspeed?
                    all clusters are interchangeable except for DXs because of the tach.
                    not sure if anyone has wired up a cluster with a tach to a DX, I know I seen posts on the subject
                    Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure even the DX clusters are interchangeable. Although I would talk to the dealer or something to be sure before you put money into it. Or maybe Edwin knows.

Comment

A cluster from a LX, ES, P5, MP3, MSP or anything else I am forgetting is a direct replacement for the DX cluster. The only thing you have to do is solder a wire into the spot dedicated for the tach. You can't miss it, it is the only spot without a wire running into it. Now this is as far as I got on my 1.6, I think you should just be able to splice into a wire on the harness and be good to go. But maybe Edwin can clarify that part as I am just speculating.

Comment

I thought you'd done it... but I couldn't remember for certain

Comment

Working...
                          X