What do you guys think of this new altezza from APC shown in corksprot weebsite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sir! I don't like it.

Althought, I'd never toss money away on aftermarket lights anyway, heh.
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Damn there are a hella lot of versions for the Pro now! i remeber when there where only 2 versions!
      <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
      AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

I really, REALLY like those. I guess it's not a big deal if they don't come out. At least there are other options available. When I had my Stratus, I wanted custom tails, but there are no companies making custom tails for a Strat. That sucked.
        2003 Protege LX 5-speed

Comment

I still wanna see pics.
          My OLD Car

Comment

You can paint the tails any color that you want to. If you go to www.4apc.net and click on the showcars tab at the top, there is a blue protege5 with those tails on.
            [

Comment

i really really want them, i wish they come out wit them. i wanna paint them the color of my car.

Comment

****, i hope APC didn't screw me, i called apc, talked to a guy and asked if they were making the "3d" series taillights for the sedan, he said yeah and they were available at pepboys, i said great, he gave me the part number and on friday I ordered them, $187, $201 after tax for the pair. i'm going to call APC in the morning and verify again, from the posts though it sounds like I was misinformed If they aren't available I was going to order the euro's w/gunmetal housing, but seeing the red ones on your car Proto 2k I might go for those, they look damn good!

Comment

Talked to APC again, he said the part # for those tails (404579-TLR) is for a 99-01 protege, and that it does not specify on his computer if it's for a pro5 or not, just says "protege," he did say they don't carry any tails for the pro5 to begin with so he knows it is not for a 5. I'm assuming the lights haven't changed from 01 to 03, he is going to call mazda to see if the bulbs or wiring changed after 01. So from what this guy is telling me, these lights are for the sedan, lets hope!! plus the pepboys 20% restocking fee will suck...

Comment

So i am guessing Corksport should have them if in fact the are making them
                    <-why i can't fix my car

AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

APC called me back (forgot to get the guys name, damn) but he did some research and said they are definitely for the sedan, he also called mazda and the part number for the tail light changed from the 01 to the 02/03 but that it's probably minor change, which I am assuming as well because for our purposes they are identical. The tails should come in friday at the soonest, I'll post as soon as I get them on! or as soon as I send them back

Comment

OH, ok, so APC finally made them
                        I really like them, those Altezza's, a whole different design from the others
                        and it should be for the normal protege, not the P5
                        (the p5 tailights aftermarket options are very limited, 2 new style came out if i remember correctly)

anyways, i wound't really worry about the different numbers
                        the tailights are identical for all 3rd gen pro

I hope it fits and please do send pics (or post them)

Good luck

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Oh snaps. I am still skeptical about this whole situation. But I am crossing my fingers that they are going to be the correct ones. If they are I am ordering some as soon as I see the pics.

Comment

ya, i'm skeptical too, i'll post pics as soon as i get them

Comment

I am with Proto2k, once i see it live i will make my final descion
                              <-why i can't fix my car

Comment

Originally posted by nai8o5
                                APC called me back (forgot to get the guys name, damn) but he did some research and said they are definitely for the sedan, he also called mazda and the part number for the tail light changed from the 01 to the 02/03 but that it's probably minor change, which I am assuming as well because for our purposes they are identical. The tails should come in friday at the soonest, I'll post as soon as I get them on! or as soon as I send them back
                                Good luck! Hopefully they are the ones you want.
                                "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
                                2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Working...
                                X