No announcement yet.

PCP Reverse Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know funny you say that, my buddie just bought a ghey ass ranger tremmer, and all the gauge cluster is green, and it comes with this whole upgraded radio, with subs and ****, but the whole interior lighting is green, and the radio is bright ass blue, looks so freaking outa place its amazing, im like dude rip it out and put something else in.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Damn Clint why must you taunt me? I have already decided against them. The mismatched lighting and the fact that I have nothing that bright in my car swayed the decision. Kind of hard to keep a dark black theme if you have white gauges.

Comment

Meh. They are silver, not white...so it'd go perfectly w/ your interior. About the whole color mismatching thing...it doesn't really bother me becaue I turn the stock dimmer down. It looks awesome when the numbers are blue and the needles look blood red in color. Plus, my blue interior neons accent the blue gauges perfectly.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Hm.....I always thought they were white. Maybe I can find a way to change the lighting on the instrument panel.

Comment

I think Blue LEDz was able to change the HVAC lighting from green to blue. Changing the stereo lighting is as easy as replacing the stock unit for an aftermarket one.
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I already have an aftermarket cd player. The lighting on it is green.

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                You know you want them:
                hey Clint,

I recently installed those in my '97 LX and if my stereo isn't blastin' I get annoyed by the high pitched noise coming from the gauges' power supply. I was wondering if anyone else hears this ****. I'm gonna try to wrap it in some DYNAMAT to reduce the noise. j/k

Comment

Clint -
                  Were the needles on the gauges red to begin with, or did you change them? I like the way it looks a lot, but the orange needles that mine has now would look really bad with those.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                    hey Clint,

I recently installed those in my '97 LX and if my stereo isn't blastin' I get annoyed by the high pitched noise coming from the gauges' power supply. I was wondering if anyone else hears this ****. I'm gonna try to wrap it in some DYNAMAT to reduce the noise. j/k
                    I don't get any noise from them...at least while the car is running. If the car is off and everything silent theres a very faint whine...but it's hardly noticeable.
                    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                      Clint -
                      Were the needles on the gauges red to begin with, or did you change them? I like the way it looks a lot, but the orange needles that mine has now would look really bad with those.
                      Nope, they are still orange. If you turn the stock dimmer down enough, they turn almost red. Good enough for me.
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Do the new gauges have their own dimmer then, or just not dim?

Comment

Yes, they have their own dimmer. You can adjust between blue and tealish color I think. I have my old dimmer from my old indiglo gauges plugged in instead so I couldn't tell ya.
                          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I swear the last time I looked at these guages they were over $100.

How do I get a hold of DaveB rings?

Comment

dkbodde@aol.com IIRC...
                              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                                I don't get any noise from them...at least while the car is running. If the car is off and everything silent theres a very faint whine...but it's hardly noticeable.
                                In that case my ears are really sensitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X