No announcement yet.

How hard you drive your cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn... i didn't think of that... 365 days a year for 5 years is 1825 days? somewhere in there, there will be a leap year, so make that 1826 days. If I put away approx. $2 a day for those 5 years I will have enough for a turbo....lol.... you got some big plans man!

Comment

I must drive the **** out of mine, all the sudden last night driving down the street i pulled to a stop light and saw a ton of white smoke pooring out from around my hood, I then pulled into the car wash 100 feet in front of me and popped the hood, there were three hairline cracks in the top of the radiator....I filled it back up then blasted the heater and turned on the ac to get me the rest of the way home....luckly i have a good parts car at home so replace it.....I don't think thats a matter of hard driving, but i do drive the **** out of it, feed it some gas and oil and she keeps on running.....

DaPro
      94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
      (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

Comment

Originally posted by sLoPrO2k
        Damn... i didn't think of that... 365 days a year for 5 years is 1825 days? somewhere in there, there will be a leap year, so make that 1826 days. If I put away approx. $2 a day for those 5 years I will have enough for a turbo....lol.... you got some big plans man!
        haha thanks, i make more than $2 a day tho, i just dont want to turbo it until im out of highschool or close, just as a graduation gift to myself

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
          yeah when i took it to the dyno, i found out was wicked lean at higher boost levels, and was safe at about 5 psi, so i dynoed it at 5psi, and pulled like 140whp. once i get these bigger injectors in ill bump it back up to 12 psi, and see what happins.
          140whp that is pretty good. kinda like MSP results right? my friend with the LS turbo says he is around 200whp and so i'm shooting for that. think it's possible with stock internals? whats the Horsepower to psi ratio with the protege?

and i guess the most important question for the 1.6ers is do they make upgrade for the internals? i'm sure i could look it up on the search thinger but i figured i could ask while where on the subject... or while i'm tread jacking
          sigpic
          1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
          1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
          2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
            bouncing off the limiter will not hurt the car.
            how does the rev limiter work... cut off the fuel, or cut off the ignition... or ?

Comment

different is most cars. not sure about the protege
              sigpic
              1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
              1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
              2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

I used to drive mine hard.Now I notice a rattling noise coming from the engine when going up hills or starting out slow.I just want the car to make it until it's paid off.Now have a new Ducati to play with so my car is a back and forth to work thing and I don't drive hard anymore!
                2002.5 Sunlight silver ES.TWM short shifter,Sparco knob,Kartboy shifter bushings,modified airbox,K&N filter,Altezza tails,Toyo Proxes 4 tires and plenty more to come.Newest addition is a 2000 Ducati 750 SS with carbon fiber exhaust

Comment

is bouncing off the limiter not realy bad for the engine mounts? If it doesnt harm the car il be hitting it all the time, my exhaust sounds the best on the revlimiter! Other than that i drive the car hard on the country roads easy on main roads.

Comment

and i thought i drove my car hard, ppppp! i baby my car compared to you guys. i would also like to know about 1.6 internals. otherwise im shot-peening and port and polishing for my turbo
                    02 Protege ES, 5spd

Comment

I rev my engine up to the 6K twice a week

every know and then at 4K

usually shift at 3k
                      (mine is auto, so i kinda know how much pressure to press to make it shift and what not)

and, i just love it when i gun it, but then i feel bad

but, no after reading this post, i feel that i should go and give it some spanking in the highway

btw, i have 30K on my ride
                      time for some tuneup?

and yes, it is a 1.6L '00

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

once i get the injectors in, i should be upwards of 200whp, or close to it, i went this last week to have them put in, but noticed my manifold was cracked, so i had to tear it all apart, and fix that, so maybe in a couple weeks, im in no rush.

as far as the hp ratio, its prolly like 10hp for every psi, or close to it.... as for the internals, they will be fine, i have 95k on mine with no problems.
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

From what i heard as long as you remain constaint on how you drive your car it shouldn't be a problem, example if you bought a car off a granny and your drive it like you stole it the engine is not use to that beating and might break down vis versa you buy a car ragged out and drive it like a grandma you well have problems because all the parts are use to be driven hard not soft.
                          Eating up Civics spitting out Focuses
                          SR Motorsport Full Pully kit
                          SR Motorsports adjustable cam gears
                          Mazdaspeed intake/exhaust performance cams
                          Dynoed Tuned
                          InJen CIA
                          Tsudo Header
                          Custom Exhaust piping
                          Pilot "hummer" muffler
                          Magnaflow Highflow cat
                          Brembo cross drilled/sloted rotors
                          Raven brake pads
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/719941

Comment

i dunno bout that, lol but i know i beat on my car.

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

if you bought it off a granny who drove it slow, but she properly maintained it 100% that will be a friggen sweet motor

its not gonna break if you drive it hard

the engine that was driven hard its whole life will be more likely to break

Comment

yeah it might run weird because its never been beat, and might need to be cleaned out by beating on it for a bit, but i cant see it breaking, lol

186.08whp
                                225.94wtq
                                torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                                X