No announcement yet.

owned a MSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i have done alot of racing, i remeber meeting ya at an get together down at porkys like last year. My name is Pete, i was the kid with the 99 silver es if that means anything. as far as getting you a deal on snows what size and kind of tire you looking for, cuz thats about the same price i payed last year for some blizzacs 195/60/15.

Comment

It's his own thread.

Comment

yeah ill ask him tomarrow when i go over there, were gonna put his head back on(he had it ported and polished :-) )

Comment

Originally posted by BMW ///MPOWER
          N/A is for people who are smart and have a pretty dammed good idea of what there doing. FI any one can do.

and i dont want to have turbo lag, boostcreep, etc... i want my power now and predictable.

you should read Maximum Boost by Corky Bell... a well designed turbo system is actually just as complex as an NA build...also a modern turbo system with a good TRUE ball bearing turbo has almost 0 lag and has VERY predictable power delivery,also keep in mind superchargers are included in FI and ALWAYS have 0 lag...forced induction makes MORE power for the same money as a comparable NA build

Comment

the point in posting that vette is if you put street tires on it , it would be street legal... im not talkin about the pro's or anything, thats just some random guy with a suped up vette

Yeah, that car is about as street legal as that civic I posted.

That vette could'nt pass a state inspection if it's life depended on it.
            2005 Velocity Red RX8 GT 6 Speed
            My second 88' CRX HF Hybrid , gutted, mildly Built B16A + many extras.

Comment

Originally posted by Astyl
              its things like that, that seem so dumb... im gonna take off my AC so i can make my protege faster... sweet in the summer time im here baking in the sun in traffic, but atleast now i have a low 16 second car
              Sweet mother of god...I actually agree with you.

Comment

its things like that, that seem so dumb... im gonna take off my AC so i can make my protege faster... sweet in the summer time im here baking in the sun in traffic, but atleast now i have a low 16 second car
                you are going to get threads like that everywhere, or about people who take off their egr valve, or cut the mesh off of their maf so they get "less restriction"

a corvette is a faster better handling vehicle than a protege, we know that

however, look at the members of this club, majority of the people are between the ages of 17 - 26... either students, or people making mortgage payments, or people just starting their careers... people needing a 4 door 5 seater, with a big trunk and the ability to drive 500 kms in the snow on 20 dollars of 87 octane gas

and we have a few hundred dollars here and there to spend on the car...

you cant do that with a vette...

compact cars allow ENTHUSIASTS to be ENTHUSIASTS on a shorter budget than yourself

im a 21 year old university student... but i wanna race now, i wanna learn driving skill now, i wanna learn about cars now, i wanna work on cars now
                not in 7 years when i could afford a 50,000 dollar Z06

please explain to me why **I** shouldnt race my protege?

thats why bracket racing exists, and thats why there are different classes in autocrossing... so everyone who owns a car, and afford a few hundred dollars a season can afford to race

Comment

taking off your AC compressor has the obvious negative side effects, with barely any gains in performance other then a slightly less load on the engine, its not even worth it
                  i agree, its not ideal for a daily driven car... i agree with you inregards to those stupid mods on cars that otherwise have and intake and exhaust and its used year round

no replacement for displacement man... say you had a endless supply of money, unlimited funds, and you could do anything you wanted too your stock BP Block, but you had too keep the stock block... what do you think the pinnacle of performance is for these things? somewhere south of 350 hp ? or better yet, how much HP can a stock BP block take without having too be reinforced? even with unlimited funds, your not gonna get much outta a BP

get something thats got potential, and is worth your time, dosent have too be a vette, dosent even have too be a V8, just something that has light at the end of the tunnel
                  well what do you consider potential?
                  like, there is a gtx swap thats availble for little money, thats potential...
                  klze swap... thats potential

the car weighs under 2400 pounds... thats potential
                  there is limited slips available, suspension parts...

im not sure what you're getting at...

it isnt a drag racing car... but very few people try to build it as a drag racer, we just take it to the track to test it out

majority of the members use it for autocross... its more in the protege's element

Comment

the sport compact enthusiast is different than the muscle car enthusiast

i wouldnt try to say ones better than the other tho

Comment

**** the Protege, I want a 2005 Mustang GT. Haha. I just would be afraid to crash if I do road racing, that's why cheap cars are OK for that.
                      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

charles you gay.... everyone nows mustangs are for chicks and queers

Comment

Comment

What is your suggestion then?

Comment

Don't even get me started on the horsepower potential of a stock four cylinder block vs. a stock V-8 block. Yes, Protege bottom ends are not that great but take a Honda H22A block for example. It will handle well over 500HP all day long. A Toyota Supra TT straight six will handle 900-1000HP on a stock block all day long. I'd like you to show me one POS 5.0L block handling anything near that reliably. I don't race my protege due to the lack of performance potential but as a car in general it kicks the **** out of my old 93' Z28 LT-1 in terms of overall driveability. There are crappy four cylinders and crappy V-8's. Thanks but I'll take a Blown four banger or a fully NA built four banger over a domestic V-8 any day. Honda's fastest naturally asperated cars are in the 10's. I remember back in the day when everyone said they would never touch 12's let alone 10's. and Steph papdakis is knocking on 6's. What more do you want. cars like the STI and EVO fill the replacement for displacement gap. Name a domestic car in the $30,000.00 price range that even comes close to an EVO MR or an STI? And I mean close in all aspects not just a quarter mile queen. what do you think is gonna happen when Honda's new V-8 NSX comes out? It's all about Quality. hell, look at chevy's little ecotec whoopin ass. A very good motor.
                              Last edited by redcivic; 12-02-2004, 04:23 PM.
                              2005 Velocity Red RX8 GT 6 Speed
                              My second 88' CRX HF Hybrid , gutted, mildly Built B16A + many extras.

Comment

When i think about cheap potential... take a 97 mercury gran marquis for example... V8 Stang engine.. 260 Hp.. 3600 pounds, 25 Mpg, even though its 3600 pounds, it still runs .4 of a second faster then a protege stock for stock, and it has potential too do great things, and you can pick one up for around 5 grand... huge trunk space, seats 5 comfortably, and the handling benefits of RWD
                                It's supposed to be a good thing that a car with a 260 hp v8 can only beat the protege by .4 seconds stock? And I don't care about the handling benefits of RWD, a stock protege will walk all over that car anyday in the curves.

Comment

Working...
                                X