No announcement yet.

1.6'ers represent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and I thought I was the only sucker running a '99 1.6L pro, an automatic at that, but you have to love it, but I love the turbo info I just found on this thread, already contacted wagner, hopfully ill have it installed by summer.

Comment

Did Andy give you a price? Because I was curious of what the actual cost will be. $1700 sounds a bit low when I know that Witchdoktor paid $2500 used for his.

Comment

i'm just now contacting them, ill let ya know

Comment

Originally posted by Netsyphen
          and I thought I was the only sucker running a '99 1.6L pro, an automatic at that, but you have to love it, but I love the turbo info I just found on this thread, already contacted wagner, hopfully ill have it installed by summer.
          Not alone there buddy
          My OLD Car

Comment

Yes, there are cams available, but I don't think it'll be worth the price and hassle to ship them over here. They come from the 1.5l jdm motor that has SVT (sequential valve timing) with slightly more aggressive cams and will only give you about 5hp-7hp. I doubt more than that, but we still haven't had anyone officially test them with the 1.6l motor yet. So until then, it's only accurate predictions and theories.

Is there a company that produces internals for the 1.6 that will raise compression or lower it? I can't remember what was better for turbo, i believe it's lower compression. or should I just buy the turbo throw on a intercooler and call it good? Wanting a turbo without hurting the integerty of the engine.
            sigpic
            1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
            1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
            2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

where did yall get the intake for the 1.6L?

2000 White Protege LX
              Sumitomo 195/60HR14
              2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
              Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
              Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
              Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
              Kenwood Music Keg
              Black Widow Keyless Entry
              Intake- Custom SRI
              Clear Corner Lights
              APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

www.protege5online.com is where I got mine
                www.adventon.com sells them too
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

do the 1.8L intakes fit the 1.6? without modification?

2000 White Protege LX
                  Sumitomo 195/60HR14
                  2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
                  Kenwood Music Keg
                  Intake- Custom SRI
                  Clear Corner Lights
                  APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

No, they use a different MAF design.
                    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

i wish i could figure out how to do this ghetto rig ram air and MAF grille....

2000 White Protege LX
                      Sumitomo 195/60HR14
                      2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
                      Kenwood Music Keg
                      Intake- Custom SRI
                      Clear Corner Lights
                      APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

i got my from Injen... it's awesome but for some reason when i race someone becuase the Cold air is more for top end my car seems to bog down and then pick up after a few seconds... i just i need more bottom end to accually get some where. i may be way off but thats what i believe. if anyone can relate or tell me something different that would be great.. i really wish i knew why that happens. ofcourse it's probably becuase sometimes i'm a crappy driver
                        sigpic
                        1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
                        1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
                        2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

i got my intake for the 1.6 a week ago and everytime i hit around 3-4k rpms when im doing about 70 it kinda "shudders" it does it at lower speeds too. I dont know if that is what your talking about but if anyone knows whats up with that let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by protetype
                            ok... i'm gonna give you all a few tips on the injen cai for the 1.6l being i was one of the first to own one before they even hit speed shops. anyway... first issue with the intake, is the filter. it sucks... it lets too much air in. second, next time you're out there, take a spray bottle with water... spray a bit around the MAF sensor where it should contact with the pipe. i bet it sucks the water in like it did on mine. so, this issue would be, vacuum leak. third, the MAF sensor gets really dirty because of the air being let in through the ****ty filter. so, dirty sensors. filter, isn't too big of an issue. the main issues are the vacuum leak and the dirty maf. what i did to fix the vacuum leak was go to my local bike shop, ask for a used bike tire, cut it open, clean it out, make a stencil of the maf opening, with a piece of paper, and cut out a seal for the maf so it doesnt leak air in. and, clean the damn maf. ;D that was long, but oh well. i have no hesitation anymore.
                            this is something i posted a long time ago on the other board... hopefully it helps you, it has helped a lot of other people. and when i say spray the maf with water.. i mean spray just a tiny bit *around* the edges, not directly on top of it, and just a little bit, enough to notice if the water is dissapearing.
                            -mike lucero
                            1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                            2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Hay guys if you'd like to see my Wagner Motorsports turbo setups go to my signature and click the links to view my last two kits. My last kit was sold to Danny aka Whitchdoctor. That kit had 25,000 miles on with Zero problems.
                              Last edited by biknman; 01-24-2004, 06:53 PM.
                              David Potter
                              99 Protege 1.6L Turbo
                              03 WRX Wagon
                              03 Dodge Ram Hemi
                              “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing,and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
                              · Ernest Hemingway
                              <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                              My 99 Pro pics here
                              www.wagnermotorsports.net

Comment

Well I just got my email returned by Andy Wagner. He said that the 1.6L turbo from a 1st gen Eclipse would be $3650 installed. That price includes a custom intercooler. Too bad I won't have that kind of cash for a while. The goal is to have another car by the time I finish college so I can keep the pro and turbo it.

Comment

Working...
                                X