• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man im late. 1.6L baby! representen!!

Comment

Better late than never.

Comment

Dam!, this car is in desperate need of a turbo. It crys out to me everyday.
        Da SR20 Beast

Comment

Shem, how much is the Wagner Motorsports kit? Are they going to install it for you or are you doing it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
            Shem, how much is the Wagner Motorsports kit? Are they going to install it for you or are you doing it yourself?
            Honestly, I'm so undecided right now it's just plain rediculous...lol
            I'm not sure whether or not I want to keep my protege and turbo it or get another quicker car.

I believe Wagner is selling it for $1700: which includes a custom 321 stainless steel exhaust manifold, stainless steel downpipe using a second generation t-25 Eclipse turbo. A 1988 conquest FMIC, and Vortec 12:1 FMU. An awesome deal for about 165hp. They also have free installation when you buy their complete kit.

They are working on a new turbo kit upgrade for the 1.6l which I believe now comes with a t3 turbonetics turbo and 3inch dp. Also a type s bov,stainless piping from turbo to throtle body, ss t-bolt clamps, 321 ss header,oil lines (return and supply), internal waste gate, k and n air filter. This kit is $2500 +/- and I believe it should put down at least 240whp.
            I would jump on that in a heartbeat, but I know for a fact that my auto tranny will not handle that. I don't want to even bother with a transmission swap for 2 reasons.

1. I rather keep it auto for those long trips out of town. Its more comfortable driving a auto especially when in bumper to bumper traffic for more than 20mins.

2. I don't want to spend more money again after getting the turbo. Even to upgrade the auto tranny will be digging deep in my pockets and cost more than what the turbo kit cost will me.

Doing all this thinking left me really undecided. I would hate to spend all this money and then turn around and get another car or wish I had saved the money to get something else and feel stuck with it.

Seriously, I honeslty REALLY want a Truck (pre-owned Yukon/Escalade/Suburban) or a pre-owned BMW 3 series to pimp around in...lol A truck would be more useful especially in towing my Nissan to the track. Plus, if I drop 22"s on them, I can get dem' madd honeys yo....lol
            Last edited by redrims; 11-14-2003, 10:11 PM.
            Da SR20 Beast

Comment

Wow $1700 is alot cheaper than I thought. Although there is no way I could get my car out there for installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                Wow $1700 is alot cheaper than I thought. Although there is no way I could get my car out there for installation.
                Its not that far.

Danny is coming up this weekend from GA just to kit his turbo kit installed and making it a vacation while he's here.
                Da SR20 Beast

Comment

Yeah once he gets it installed I am driving to Asheville to test drive it and see what I think.

Comment

hi rev represent'en da 1.6L!!!

waz uuup man? just got my 1.6L 2000 pro. liken it to man. got a question dude. how da hell do i get her off tha line quicker? see, mines an auto trans. yeah dat sucks. so i need more bottom end power ta get goin. got any ideas. tha cheaper tha nicer man.
                    light'en'em up! always

honda
                    1999 protege DX
                    auto trans sony Xplod replacing all stock speakers. roadmaster 12" sub.

Comment

Re: hi rev represent'en da 1.6L!!!

Originally posted by hi rev
                      waz uuup man? just got my 1.6L 2000 pro. liken it to man. got a question dude. how da hell do i get her off tha line quicker? see, mines an auto trans. yeah dat sucks. so i need more bottom end power ta get goin. got any ideas. tha cheaper tha nicer man.
                      well, first of all
                      WELCOME

lets get to buisness
                      I have a 2000 1.6L so does redrims
                      so he will probably drop a line too

there is bascially NOTHING cheap and quick that you can do
                      that will let the 1.6L get ouf the line quicker.
                      i've tired everything, (well, everything that would not fry my tranny or engine)

the only think that i can think off and it is not cheap is turbo

intake would not help nor exhast because,
                      1.intake= helps higher end power
                      2.exhast= just doesn't help with our kind of engine.

better off
                      work on your suspension
                      trust me
                      it is worth everypenny you drop in it in the suspension area

enjoy the forums!

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

turboe huh?

yeah. youre right man. dats about tha only thing i can think of myself. you know where ta find some "cheap" ones at? any web sites, mag., anything?
                        light'en'em up! always

honda
                        1999 protege DX
                        auto trans sony Xplod replacing all stock speakers. roadmaster 12" sub.

Comment

what do you mean cheap ones, like cheap turbo's?

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

Comment

Latest 1.9L kit by Wagnermotorsports

Checkout fellas at this link is the some photos of Danny's kit the lastest 1.6 kit done by Wagnermotorsports which was my old kit:
                            http://www.wagnermotorsports.net/projects.php?pid=32
                            David Potter
                            99 Protege 1.6L Turbo
                            03 WRX Wagon
                            03 Dodge Ram Hemi
                            “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing,and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
                            · Ernest Hemingway
                            <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                            My 99 Pro pics here
                            www.wagnermotorsports.net

Comment

that looks badass!
                              is that 1.6l auto or manual?

Mods :

My car gallery

My car in silver

Comment

It's a manual...

I can't wait to test it out! Danny should be stopping by my place later this week so I can check it out the difference. Must be night and day for him...lol
                                Da SR20 Beast

Comment

Working...
                                X