No announcement yet.

1.6'ers represent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic here, but does anyone here know if there are performance 'headers' available for the 1.6L?
    Jeremy W
    '99 1.6L Protege
    JDM Clear corners/ Injen Intake/ AWR Motor Mounts/ CP Racing 4 point Strut Tower Brace/ CP Racing Lower Tie Bar/ Brullen Cat-Back Exhaust/ JDM Mazdaspeed Adjustable Struts/ Mazdaspeed B-Spec Springs/ Mazdaspeed Front & Rear Swaybars/ Mazdaspeed Trailing Links/ Goodridge Stainless Steel brake lines/ 16" Rota Racing Grids on Falken Azenis/ P5 Steering Wheel/ CG Lock/ Alpine 9833 Deck/ Focal Access 165A (fronts) and Fosgate 6x9 (rears)/ JL Audio 12W3 (sub)/ Zapco 650 Amp/ 1 Farad Cap connect with 2 gauge wire/ Clifford Alarm

Comment

I have the unfortunate luck of having the 1.6 liter Pro. Its not all that bad though. If you do the right amount of engine work, you can easily increase your horsies. Im thinking about upgrading my tranny with a PTS kit from www.levelten.com. If I buy that kit and a few extra add-ons, then it says I can have 650 ft of torque and 750 horsepower!! Then if you decide to go boost, you can crack the 1,000 hp barrier (perhaps?). Thats what Im shootin for. Not necessarily 1000, but 500, 600 or maybe 700 at least.

Comment

Here's mine:

Clement

Protege 00 Red
        -B&M Short Trhow shifter
        -KVR crossed drilled rotors
        -KVR carbon pads
        -Motul DOT 5.1 brake fluid
        -MazdaSpeed Axle-back (muffler)
        -CRD Cold Air Intake
        -MP5 (sport20) JDM front strut
        -Konig Helium Bronze rims 15x6.5 only 10.8 Lbs each!!!
        -Yokohama ADVAN 032R 205 50 15 racing tires used for my ''everyday'' driving. Treadwear 60 :D

Comment

i have a 1.6L

Sexy Turbo Charged 2000 LX

Comment

Originally posted by protege00dogg
            i have a 1.6L

Nice kit.
            My OLD Car

Comment

thanks.. that pictures is old... when i get new ones i will post them... it is coming out of the paint shop thursday... and my CF Hood sould be ready on friday so.... and i am lowering it... i bought H&R springs... i cant wait to get everything back together...ohh an i also got a new spoiler too....
              icynelly are you going to the promazda meet in ocala in nov.??

Comment

I was wondering when you would finish the paint job. Looking forward to seeing it. Where did you order the cf hood from? And how much? I am looking into them right now but I know of only one site that motegimazda told me of.

Comment

thats where i ordered it andrews import... they said when you odrer then it takes about 2 weeks b/c they make the hoods opon thr orders they get and then it takes about 7 day to get it after its been made... mine all totaly with shipping was $875

Comment

Yea, I wish I could go to the Ocala meet but my parents wont let me drive that far yet. I cant even go to West Palm Beach yet.
                    My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by Sky_high
                      Off topic here, but does anyone here know if there are performance 'headers' available for the 1.6L?
                      There are about 1 or 2. I'll try to find them for you
                      Da SR20 Beast

Comment

My "Header" write up on protegeclub.com
                        Da SR20 Beast

Comment

Redrims, which turbo you planning to get. Is it the Wagner Motorsports. Because that is the one I have been considering for next year. I am waiting to see what witch says about his future one.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                            Redrims, which turbo you planning to get. Is it the Wagner Motorsports. Because that is the one I have been considering for next year. I am waiting to see what witch says about his future one.
                            NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!

Sike...lol Yep, the one from WagnerMotorsports.
                            Da SR20 Beast

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

redrims

Thanks for the heads up on the 'headers' for the 1.6L

Jeremy W
                                '99 1.6L Protege
                                JDM Clear corners/ Injen Intake/ AWR Motor Mounts/ CP Racing 4 point Strut Tower Brace/ CP Racing Lower Tie Bar/ Brullen Cat-Back Exhaust/ JDM Mazdaspeed Adjustable Struts/ Mazdaspeed B-Spec Springs/ Mazdaspeed Front & Rear Swaybars/ Mazdaspeed Trailing Links/ Goodridge Stainless Steel brake lines/ 16" Rota Racing Grids on Falken Azenis/ P5 Steering Wheel/ CG Lock/ Alpine 9833 Deck/ Focal Access 165A (fronts) and Fosgate 6x9 (rears)/ JL Audio 12W3 (sub)/ Zapco 650 Amp/ 1 Farad Cap connect with 2 gauge wire/ Clifford Alarm

Comment

Working...
                                X