Convince me to keep my car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnorion
    Personally I think the pro is more fun to drive than just about anything else even though it may not be as fast, but that's subjective. As far as boost goes, there are a lot of people on the boards who have boosted p5s without any problem with blown engines, as long as you keep it to reasonable pressure.

I think if you need other people to convince you on another car, that means you probably should keep the one you've got.
    I agree, the P5 is not a fast car, but it's a fun car. The styling and finish is so much better than the SR-T. Besides, why do you need a faster car? Isn't that just asking for another ticket?

Originally posted by Drackonn
    My friend has an srt-4 and to tell you the truth , yeah its fast but it doesnt handle as well as you would think and there are little things that bother me with it that they did to save money. some examples, the back windows are manual not power , the shift knob is plastic the side mirrors are black not body colored, the brake calipers are red on all colors so it looks stupid unless you get a red one. and last but not least the pipe that your blowoff valve would be mounted to is plastic/rubber so your only option is the mopar one unless you feel like getting a custom pipe made.

The waste gate actuator on the srt-4's is also not very well designed not a single srt-4 is running the same boost as another they all get different amounts of boost. and my freinds cd player crapped out a week after he got it ... if none of that is a problem to you for the speed then go ahead but i hope that is convincing enough
    2002 Blackmica P5
    CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Why do you need us to keep or sell your car for you?? Sell it, Keep it, which one of us cares??? Make yourself happy. I would take a little $$ and put a better suspension on the car, it already has a damn good one. Make the handling even better and then race a 40000 HP muststank and you will feel good once you leave it's straight line ass at the first turn!! Unless you "live your life 1/4 mile at a time" the rest of the world is round and all the HP in that round world will never catch the ability to turn. Granted there are exceptions, an IRL car, but if you bought a P5 then you can't afford the indy any way. If you need counseling visit a shrink. Just my 50 cent.
      Jeremy
      2003 Yellow P5 - Stock or is it??

Comment

I personally think the SRT-4 is ugly due to the front headlights and the wing that it comes w/ stock. But it's up to you, personally I would just turbo the P5. Plus the P5 has handling like no other and it's a hellava a lot better looking then the SRT-4. And to me I think the "SRT-4" is just a neon w/ a turbo nothing special. That's just my own opinion.

Comment

The SRT-4 is fast... its factory turbo too.. but I also agree that it is ugly... and it has no style exterior or interior. I guess its still a neon... a very high performing one. I also heard tons of stories of blown engines and very bad torque steer when the turbo kicks in (quite a few people have been killed so far)

It all depends on how much you are looking to spend. For example... I wanted a considerable performance car... but not at the expense of style, reliability or luxury. As you can see I've chosen the RSX. I wanted a little more performance, so I got the Type S (which comes with +40hp and even more luxury).

The Type S is 200 bhp... dynos in at ~175 whp. Many people on clubrsx.com have either turbocharged or supercharged their cars. Quite a few are running 13's. The best stock 1/4 time I've seen is a 14.8, I think one guy did a 14.7 with just a simple intake.

thats just my .02
          there are many cars you can choose and decide on, but what it really comes down to is $ and opinion.

But the SRT-4 is a ****ing beast. An ugly one, but its fast. Cheap too.
          -Nim
          -----------------------------
          2002 Acura RSX Type S
          Arctic Blue Pearl
          OEM Body Skirts
          OEM Spoiler
          OEM Fogs
          Golden Logos
          Acura Interior Titanium Trim
          Window Visors
          Last But Not Least....
          Trunk Tray and Cargo Net!!!
          ---
          Modz: Yes
          ---
          NEW: Stage 2 Clutch!

Comment

Welcome to the board Nim ......

--------------------------------------------

If you don't want a car payment ... Get a 323 in great condition for like 1000 ...
            Then get a GTR motor off ebay (front clip) for 1500 or whatever
            install and you have 220+ neon eating HP and no car payment and the insurance is only 300 dollars for the year.

-----------------------------------------
            your convinced.
            end statement.
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
              Welcome to the board Nim ......

thanks
              -Nim
              2002 Acura RSX Type S
              Arctic Blue Pearl
              OEM Body Skirts
              OEM Spoiler
              OEM Fogs
              Golden Logos
              Window Visors
              Last But Not Least....
              ---
              ---

Comment

I searched my home forum (clubrsx.com)

Here is a list of why TO get and why NOT TO get the SRT-4 since many ppl are considering purchasing one.

This wasn't created by me, it was created by a member on clubrsx.com

"I almost sold my RSX to buy an Srt-4 because I needed a lower car payment, signed up on srtforums.com and read some interesting things, but I just decided my car was better. as I read on the forums I llearned these things that turned me off.

1. Small fuel tank, I beleive it holds just a hair over 12 gallons.(also is plastic)

2. no power windows on the back windows.

3. no cruise control.

4. Mopar stage upgrades do hurt your warranty.

5. many srt-4's having problems with clutches with only a few k miles on it.

now for the reasons to buy.

1. CHEAP!!! (this is good and bad) price on an 02 has almost depreciated 4k.

2. Turbo.

3. very moddable, and can be made very fast for realitivly cheap.

the decision is up to you, hopefully I gave you some information you didn't already know."

if you guys havn't already seen it, there is a girl with a modded srt-4 that beat a v10 viper at the track.

if you want, find me someone to host it, Ill put it up.
                -Nim
                2002 Acura RSX Type S
                Arctic Blue Pearl
                OEM Body Skirts
                OEM Spoiler
                OEM Fogs
                Golden Logos
                Window Visors
                Last But Not Least....
                ---
                ---

Comment

i'm going to keep my P5. I figure I'll do some little mods.. intake and exhaust, stereo and some good ol rice thrown into the stir fry. :D

then once my warranty is up i'll boost.

if i got the srt4 i'd owe around 10 grand on the car.. that plus just under 150 extra a month on insurance, i triple checked. the turbo kills me, lol. the P5 will be paid off soon and every time i look at it it's like begging "Don't sell me!" so I'm not going to. :D

Comment

Same here

Thats the same reason I'm keepin the Protege... Sure I can buy plenty of cars that are faster... but the Protege IS fun to drive, and I don't owe anything on it... so if I switched I'd have car payments PLUS Higher insurance which would blow a donkeys ass....

Comment

plus you'd have to wait longer. And there aren't any other 4 door cars in the same class as the pro that you would want to buy. How about our first goal is to make your car be able to tie or perhaps beat my cousin's impala. Then you know you can take out preludes by 2+ car lenghts!
                      -Nim
                      2002 Acura RSX Type S
                      Arctic Blue Pearl
                      OEM Body Skirts
                      OEM Spoiler
                      OEM Fogs
                      Golden Logos
                      Window Visors
                      Last But Not Least....
                      ---
                      ---

Comment

****a dodge, they can keep all there headgasket blowing pos's. 220(est) hp or not, something bound to go wrong with it.
                        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

yeah I'm not too excited about American cars. 220hp turbo'd 4 cylinder American NEON is a perfect synonym for unreliable.
                          -Nim
                          2002 Acura RSX Type S
                          Arctic Blue Pearl
                          OEM Body Skirts
                          OEM Spoiler
                          OEM Fogs
                          Golden Logos
                          Window Visors
                          Last But Not Least....
                          ---
                          ---

Comment

true p5's are slow....I have one and got it since may of 03 and ever since then i never liked how it runs just cuz its so slow but i gotta admit this car has the best handling out off any $17g's cars out there...this car was so slow that i almost end up trading it in for a msp last Oct. but instead i kept on fixing up my other ride which i bought for $800 and slap a $350 motor and if "IF" i do blow up my motor or tranny i dont have to worry about $$$ cuz motor is only $350 and tranny is only $75 and my estimate time on my '91 323 is about 15.4-15.7 1/4 mile...I know my 323 is not that appealing unlike the other cars but hey i got myself a realiable cruizer (p5), and a daily driven race car, (323)...i'd say keep ur p5 or trade it for something like wrx or rsx.

Comment

I'll boost my car.. but that's as far as I'm going power wise.. I'm thinking about building one of these to satisfy my power needs once I get myself financially set within the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                                true p5's are slow....I have one and got it since may of 03 and ever since then i never liked how it runs just cuz its so slow but i gotta admit this car has the best handling out off any $17g's cars out there...this car was so slow that i almost end up trading it in for a msp last Oct. but instead i kept on fixing up my other ride which i bought for $800 and slap a $350 motor and if "IF" i do blow up my motor or tranny i dont have to worry about $$$ cuz motor is only $350 and tranny is only $75 and my estimate time on my '91 323 is about 15.4-15.7 1/4 mile...I know my 323 is not that appealing unlike the other cars but hey i got myself a realiable cruizer (p5), and a daily driven race car, (323)...i'd say keep ur p5 or trade it for something like wrx or rsx.
                                wrx = through second hand experience
                                rsx = through first hand experience

like one guy said on clubrsx:

wrx = tuners car
                                rsx = enthusiasts car
                                -Nim
                                2002 Acura RSX Type S
                                Arctic Blue Pearl
                                OEM Body Skirts
                                OEM Spoiler
                                OEM Fogs