Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, maybe I should have quoted you first so my post was a bit more obvious, hahaha.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

I was putting something away in the garage when I spotted some silvered 1156 bulbs on the wall. I grabbed those and set about installing them, not realizing that the BJ does not take 1156 in the rear lamps.
      Solution: ground one peg off.
      Result:

Really subtle, but I like them much better without that glint of orange in there.

Comment

So you have a white signal now? Or were they those chrome dipped things?

Comment

They're just orange tinted, then coated in that silvery finish, so they still light up orange.

Comment

Ahh, got it. Just asked because I've seen people driving around with white turn signals instead of amber.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that.

Today I picked up my Mazdaspeed brakes and hubs. It included front and rear spindles, hubs, calipers, and brake lines. I was amazed by the condition too. They came from a sunny state so there's not a trace of rust on anything, and only the red paint on the calipers needs to be redone.

Comment

Went to the junk yard and found an MX-3 got the MAF off of it and did this.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00075.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	1229476 this works the best for me so far ive done atleast 20 intake setups..
                Last edited by 1.6ermike; 10-09-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1.6ermike View Post
                  Went to the junk yard and found an MX-3 got the MAF off of it and did this. this works the best for me so far ive done atleast 20 intake setups..
                  And did what??
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

my intake is an mx3 maf and a cone filter on the stock ecu

Comment

Didn't see the pic before. You should route that filter so you get cold air. Thats just suckin hot air
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

That is a good idea im positive I will try many setups to see whick I like best. I couldnt believe the difference it made tho even being that close to the throttle body and hot air intake. Dont take me wrong whp add maybe dyno noticable but throttle response, cold starts and idle are much better the idle kinda sounds like its timing advanced (which it is) and has a hot cam (stock)

Comment

Nifty trick with the MX-3 MAF.

Today I disassembled the MSP calipers to get them ready to take to the powdercoater.
                          Didn't have any way of getting the pistons out though, so I'm not quite done.

Comment

I opened the garage and looked at my P5 today lol tomorrow i'm planning to pull the KL and start test fitting the KJ

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
                              I was putting something away in the garage when I spotted some silvered 1156 bulbs on the wall. I grabbed those and set about installing them, not realizing that the BJ does not take 1156 in the rear lamps.
                              Solution: ground one peg off.
                              fyi the bulb code is 7507 and i believe the base is classified as BAU15s

Comment

After trying many more intake setups with the mx3 maf I found that if the maf is anywhere but right next to the throttle body the car runs so rich that a black cloud was coming from my tail pipe. As for now the intake is throttle body, maf, pipe running down infront of tranny seems to be working fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X