No announcement yet.

eibach "clunk"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you just replaced the springs your problem probaly lies in the upper strut bushings...$40 dollars/corner from dealer. I just got my protoge and it rattles up front...Dealer told me it was these bushing and several other people ive talked to said this is a common problem for protoges.

Comment

i had a 91 integra with nuespeeds and mine did it. BUT lift the car back up on the jack and check to see if the spring is still in the perch. to check this, while the car is lifted turn the spring until it seems to "click" into place. there wont b a click noise so dont expect that, youll know when the spring is positioned where it should be. i did this to my integra and it fixed it. if it still does this consult your mechanic and call me in the mornin'.
      02 Protege ES, 5spd

Comment

I paid $450 including shipping for the Tokico HPs (blue) from www.corksport.com and also got the AWR rear swaybar www.awronline.com at same time. Car handles like a go-kart now, its awesome. The red Tokico Illuminas are adjustable, but also double the price. Also, I live an hour away from the KYB plant in Illinois, I'll check it out and see what kinda deal I can scam myself into.
        2002 Protege LX
        ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

I have the Eibach pro kits on my 99 ES but I also replaced the stock struts with KYBs at the same time I had the springs put in no clunks yet, course I live in pothole central NW ohio and Southern Michigan, the streets suck here! I also have the stock 15 inch rims with 205 50 z rated dunlops dunno if that makes a dif :p

99 ES AWR header custom SS 2.25" catback AEM SRI
          magnecor wires denso iridium plugs
          eibach pro kits KYB struts
          power stop slotted rotors EBC greenstuff pads
          B&M short shifter Team voodoo shifter knob

Comment

I forgot I also had the bushings replaced when I did the springs and struts my mechanic said mine were pretty shot and this was at only 30k or so

Comment

Working...
            X