No announcement yet.

just ordered new rotors what you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vented drilled rotors need some SERIOUS Abuse before cracking.... solid drilled rotors are a no-no if you plan to do anything but grandma driving. end story. they will work.... you'll lose a small percentage of rotor surface area. honestly its more of a preference type of thing. take what people have said for future reference & just enjoy what you purchased
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

the delivery date is june 2nd hopfully it will be deliverd on time. btw june 1st is my graduation

Comment

vented drilled rotors need some SERIOUS Abuse before cracking....
        Not from what I've seen. It comes down to how they are made though.

solid drilled rotors are a no-no if you plan to do anything but grandma driving. end story
        Sorry but you are dead wrong about that and are just perpetuating a myth.

Comment

solid drilled rotors are more likely to crack. you can take that to fact. I can personally vouch for solid drilled cracking
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

what about cross drilled / slotted rotors?

Comment

Originally posted by militarypolice2 View Post
              what about cross drilled / slotted rotors?
              had some back in the day. better than the beat old ones, but compared to the GP's (that weigh 1200lbs more) brakes, they suck. And I had a rear crack, from (drum roll) being a solid drilled rotor! amazing. they really are as bad as we say. the fronts are still on there, doing fine. could be better.
              No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Working...
              X