No announcement yet.

Front strut bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dunno man, do you have a link to the bar???? but i feel you, i bought clear corners and they were smashed to ****, from ebay. ehhh better luck next time.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

So will the MSP stut bar from Mazdastuff.com for the 2003, fit my 02 ES auto w/ cruise?
      Last edited by Pro02.5; 03-29-2004, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Yes
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Has anyone tried that new tri-angulated strut bar that some company on the forum introduced? I was looking into getting it, but just wanted to find out if anyone has any reviews/complaints about it first before I buy.

Comment

Knot sure the traingulated bar will work with cruise control. It dont say. BTW, Corksport has a nifty 1" x 12" "MazdaSpeed" vinyl transfer sticker that fits just peachy on the MSP strut tower bar, right on the straightest part behind the engine block. Black decal looks swell on the silver bar.
            2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
            I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

Regarding front strut bar post

Hey all I read the posts about the front strut bar, I want to get one for my 99 ES, so I went to mazdaspeed.com and wrote them asking about the mazda speed bar heres what they said.

Thanks for emailing me Niklas. According to the info I have at the

dealership the Mazdaspeed strut bar 0000-8M-C11 only fits the 2003 Protégé.

The earlier version of that bar 0000-88-C07-KT from the MP3 fits the

2001-2002 Protégé, but is no longer available from Mazda. Nothing I have

states that either of those bars will fit a 1999 Protégé.

Thanks for thinking of us though, Richard

Can anyone clear this up for me cause I was just about to order that bar, thanks Nik

Comment

It fits, trust me. I have it on my 2000. If you have a 1.6 engine then you need to put spacers on it to have the clearance needed, but other than that you are fine. It is an easy install, takes 10 minutes tops, and you should definitely get it. You will get the MSP one, as the MSP parts took over the place of the MP3 parts. This has been discussed endless amount of times. Please do a search next time...
                2000 DX, Blue
                Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

I saw the triangulated bar on several newer model cars
                  comeing straight from the manufacture, like the new lancer "rally art"?
                  the one above the oz edition and under the evoVIII

so, if the manufacture has it, i guess it works
                  but, i think it is still the same thing

i WILL buy the MSP bar this summer (god willing ;-} )

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Thanks for the info Matt, and sorry Ill search more next time.

99 ES
                    AWR Header
                    2.25"" Custom SS Catback
                    Magnecor wires, Denso Iridium plugs
                    B&M short shifter, Redline MT 90 fluid
                    Eibach Pro kit, KYB struts
                    Powerstop slotted rotors, EBC greenstuff pads
                    Dunlop Sp5000 205 50 z
                    Optima red top
                    Catz Zetas 8500k bulbs
                    Clear Corners and sidemarkers

Comment

It will fit, as Matt said.
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Nice grill, where did you get it, and thanks for the post!

Comment

It's just mesh you can get at Home Depot. Don't have it anymore; I have the Sport20 bumper/grille instead.
                          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Did that come with new headlights or fogs?

Comment

No, just the bumper and grille. I still need to get the OEM Pro5 fogs and sooner or later the JDM headlights, corners, and fenders.

Here's what it looks like now:
                              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
                              X