Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey P-rotege, thanx for taking this over and keeping it going. could you do a few of us a favor and ask the company if they would combind shipping for the 3 or 4 of us in the portland area so we dont have to pay an ass load each? thanx dude
    I'll definately ask when I talk to him. I haven't heard back from him yet. It's all good on the money situation, I think it's probably gonna take a bit of time to get it all underway. You only have to come-up with the deposit for now anyway.

Comment

Okay, just got of the phone with Seth. Here's the scenario... As everyone knows the price of Carbon Fiber has been increasing lately due to the massive amounts being bought by Boeing and Airbus. With the new designs having been approved the companies are buying as much CF as they can in order to commence production of their new aircraft. They plan to buy 7billion tons over the next 3yrs. All our automotive needs have become secondary and tertiary to the needs of the aeromotive companies. Due to this shortage as previously stated prices are on the rise. Seth and his business partner are in process of securing the CF and estimating the total cost when they begin producing our hoods. I am waiting to hear back from him within the next couple days with a finalized price.

While I am down there during Aug I will be viewing some sample CF that Seth wants to show me/ us. These are samples of different grade CF, with different pricing for each. I will take pictures and post them all for everyone to see.

So I am waiting for finalized pricing, and everyone to confirm their interest after pricing is posted.

Seth seems like a cool guy, and is willing to work with us. In regards to the group shipping to Oregon for all you northern guys, he said that should not be a problem.

I'll keep everyone updated with any new info.

Comment

Yay..

Comment

sweet as ****! i dont think we need any aircraft grade Cf tho
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
          Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

sweet as ****! i dont think we need any aircraft grade Cf tho
            That is what Seth said most car hoods are made of, but regardless of the quality all CF uses the same carbon strands, just more or less of them to achieve desired rigidity. When I see the samples we will have something to go with.

Comment

Originally posted by P-rotege
              That is what Seth said most car hoods are made of, but regardless of the quality all CF uses the same carbon strands, just more or less of them to achieve desired rigidity. When I see the samples we will have something to go with.
              my only real concern is that it is a 100% stock replacement with hood latch, and that it has a glossy finish
              Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

^^^
                it will be.

Comment

Ok so Im still in for 100%. Who is in charge of this? My opinion is if we can keep it the same price, and still have a product that is higher than e-bay standards. But I guess for that price even ebay quality would be nice. How many people do we have from the Oregon/Washigton area?
                  Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Awaiting Pigeon's permission I will be in charge of the group buy unless there are any objections.

Pmpn323 said that he will not be pursuing the CF hoods for the 1st gens due to lack of motivation because he is not getting a hood for his car. Which is very understandable.

Comment

^^^^
                      thats cool you understand. put yourself in my shoes. i got a contact to get a cf hood done for my car. sweet, so i call him and he tells me to get 10 others and we're good to go. so i start gathering interest in different forums. wouldn't you know shortly after posting i got tons of people asking if they could get a hood for their car. from there the thread hyjacking got way out of control. but i thought i would be cool and try to hook everyone up. trust me guys i know how bad you want these hoods. at least your getting some made, me i'm back at square one trying to find another solution to getting a cf hood for my 91 323. that is untill i get some more people to sign up. however i will keep an eye on the progress of this group buy seeing how i started and all. i hope all amends are made and i would love to hang on this forum.

Comment

pmpn.... u need a protege
                        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                        Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

New Avm

This is an update regarding Pigeon's authorization of my submission for AVM status. I am now going to be in charge of this group buy and am going to see this through until we all drive away with our CF hoods, or hell freezes over, whichever comes first So if anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them, don't hesitate to PM me with any concerns that may arise.

I am working on our shipping options right now. Dave may be willing to pick-up all the hoods and ship them out COD to each individual, and group ship for the northern guys. He is doing this for the second gen GB so this may be an option. I will check shipping costs with Seth at Puresports as well. I am considering picking up the hoods myself if I am going to be down there around completion time, but we will see. I will be going to Mammoth, CA sometime later this year, and if you northern guys are willing I will meet someone there with the correct amount of hoods. It's about a 6 hour drive from oregon. Nothing has been confirmed yet, so these are just potential options. Any other suggestions for shipping are welcome.

I'm still waiting on cost totals for the hood, but as you all know there will be a deposit, total hood cost, shipping costs, and a small donation to ClubProtege wil be included in the final cost. By small donation I mean $5, not too much to ask I feel. Especially seeing how we wouldn't even being having this discussion if it weren't for Dave, and ClubPro. The amount of knowledge I have gained just by joining this community of Protege enthusiasts is worth far more to me than $5, and it's a hell-of-a-lot more fun than going school, or reading a book . I know I appreciate all of Dave's effort put forth in this website, I hope all of you feel the same.

We will follow the same procedure that all of you veterans have come to expect. A deposit, the amount is TBA as of yet, is to be made, either via Paypal, or Money order. When the time comes I prefer M.O. as there are fewer fees involved than Paypal, and much less complication. If anyone disagrees with this please give your feedback, I am not a seasoned AVM, so help me out if you have any input. The deposit will be made prior to commencement of hood production. After deposits are made they will only be refundable until said hood production begins. After the aforementioned point the deposit will only be refunded if the member requesting the refund is able to find a substitute to take his place in the GB, and purchase the CF hood.

Okay, my fingers are tired from typing, I have tried to cover all aspects of this GB to the best of my ability. If I have missed, or left anything out, like I stated previously do not hesitate to bring it up, or just PM me. We're all in this together, so I look forward to all feedback from my fellow members. I look forward to making this happen, and seeing a nice shiny CF hood on my Protege.

Comment

mmmmm i cant wait!