X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleeve's off center...
    Eat ****.

Comment

Look at an OEM stock rear mount, the sleeve is not in the center...
      If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
      -----
      Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
      Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
      Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

ah
        Eat ****.

Comment

been awhile since I filled my, just looked wierd
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by Maz1.8T
            I know I will put 60A on my car and I will drill holes in it too.
            why? is the 60A one also going to be neck-bracing?

Comment

This will cause some massive body vibrations, but who gives... congrats! Keep em coming
              One day you are born,
              The next big milestone
              you discover go zoom-zoom
              you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
                is it me, or is the sleeve off center?

which would provide the extra tilt Ryan spoke of
                It is but the stock mounts are made that way.

I used the stock mount as a drill jig.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
                  why? is the 60A one also going to be neck-bracing?
                  Well I knew they would be hard but honestly not THAT hard!

The fact that they are 100% filled is a factor too. When I do the assembly, I press in the poly in the tube and they are measure for measure (tube is 2.75" ID, poly is 2.75" OD), then I drill the hole in the poly for the metal sleeve which I drill a little smaller than the real sleeve OD to make a tight fit. Then I press in the metal sleeve.

So the poly is already hard enough, but cause it's all pre-compressed cause of the way I assemble the moounts, it's probably even worse. Not harder of course (physically impossible) but since it's pre-compressed it might be even denser therefore probably stiffer as far as vibration damping goes. But people seem to be happy 'bout that!

When I said I would be using 60A with holes in it, I meant 80A was too hard for my likings. Nice thing though is you will be able to drill holes too in yours if you want to make the mounts softer. Just don't screw it up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maz1.8T
                    When I said I would be using 60A with holes in it, I meant 80A was too hard for my likings. Nice thing though is you will be able to drill holes too in yours if you want to make the mounts softer. Just don't screw it up!!!
                    ahhh.. i c. looks like i'm gonna be doing some drilling too...haha. we'll see how it is after the tests!

Comment

lookin good man
                      Current Cars
                      2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
                      1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
                      1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
                      1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

I’m still in too.
                        I would like to see just how you would put the holes though.
                        Thanks for all your hard work. Looking good.
                        1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
                        1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
                        2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
                        1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Gen
                          I’m still in too.
                          I would like to see just how you would put the holes though.
                          Thanks for all your hard work. Looking good.
                          I would juste drill 3/4" holes away from the sleeve so that the poly dosen't rip over time and resonnably far from the main metal tube.

Comment

if 60A is that hard, I wonder what 80A is gonna be like?

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
                              if 60A is that hard, I wonder what 80A is gonna be like?
                              The one I made and that is pictured is 80A. I was saying that the 80A was harder than I thought and that personnally, I'll probably be running drilled 60A.

Comment

60 A is soft. softer than every poly bushing available for our cars.
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X