Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI: Affordable Helical LSD's for the G-series!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF man, you get the award for cleanest axle break evar!
    Ryan
    '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
    STX Prep:
    MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

wow, that looks like someone just took a cutting tool and sliced it! :lol:
      MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
      YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
      SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
      SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

Comment

its almost as though the axle had a manufacturing defect there.

Is it an aftermarket axle or stock ford/mazda ?

Comment

A defect is what I was thinking too, that's really too perfect. I imagined this mangled heap of carnage, not deli-sliced axle
          1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
          BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
          PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
          EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

Yeah, usually when an axle goes, it's like a mountain range
            MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
            YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
            SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
            SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

Comment

Dang, that's clean. I never did look closer at any of my broken axles. Now I want to just to see what they look like, lol!

--sarge

Comment

im sure that axle has done 10 sec run's already on that car. realize the power he's putting down compared to everyone else.
                ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaStomper View Post
                  Damn... How much torque you making again???

Ok, I will be the ass and ask you a question that was posed to me. I understand that the clutch and the 1/2 shaft is broke. So why are you waiting for the the new gears to come in? Before moving on with the testing? I grew up in a race shop, so i understand majority of the angles of racing... So is it, more time line efficient, funding, you just to pissed off to deal with it? Just curious....
                  Last dyno showed 460 lb-ft @ 20 psi (at the wheels). Basically every time I go to the track it costs me about $200 - track fees, race fuel, tow vehicle fuel, and a few other small things. That's if nothing breaks. This time, add another $450 for a clutch kit and $120 for an axle, and it adds up incredibly quick. The days of Wednesday night 'street legal drags' are over for me, where you drive your car there, pay $15, race, and drive home. Then i'd also have to invest the time to reinstall the transmission, and then take it down one more time to move the race gears into the box and then back up again. So it's a multitude of reasons, with the 2 usual culprits at the front - money & time.

The axle break being so clean does suggest a prior fracture or crack in the shaft. It's the first one I've broken, and this one has seen 50+ hard launches.

I'll keep you all updated as the information becomes available to me.

'90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
                  '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
                  10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
                  490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

More info on the model please?
                    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                    |.....Overnight....................| ||
                    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

^ burnette with legs
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I can tell your a fan, you even put my name on your car.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey Dan, Thanks for addressing my question. After 5 people asked me about it, to include 3 that weren't in the group buy I figured i would ask.... Keep up the good work...

Comment

its time for a twin disc for youre car good luck ...

regards Leo ...
                            11.4 @ 118 ft60 1.68 sigpic

Comment

can I see a photo of the exact g series lsd im curius please iff you already posted 1 let me know thanks ....
                              11.4 @ 118 ft60 1.68 sigpic

Comment

I should have seen your failure as an omen. I shredded something in my transmission on Sunday. I'll be opening it up over the next few days and I'll post some pictures in my build thread. I'm not making quite as much power, but I think my front tires are a little wider...

Comment

Working...
                                X