No announcement yet.

H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they are like that with the open diff too, then they are either meant to be like that, or they are both no good!

I have pulled apart about 10 h-types and never noticed it before, they all spin freely enough, about as much as you would expect considering you are spinning it with no oil.

Are you assembling the box when you test it? Spinning it from the input shaft? Are you changing the shims at all? I shimmed a box once really ****ing tight and it still span freely and drove perfect.

Comment

im testing it spinning it with the bellhousing side, the original gearset from the box(matched to the shim preload) & the 2 diff's.
      I've added the top half of the transmission & also tested things.
      I need to get a video of this somehow.

It spins freely, just not smooth by any means.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I too suggest messaging Gavin over on MX6.com, since I don't have any personal experience with taking a transmission apart. Does the sticking seem significant enough that adding oil wouldn't improve it?
        1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
        BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
        PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
        EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

im meeting up with monoxidechild & bringing all of the bits with me, we are going to try & sort things out friday
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Hey there is an H series at upull. If you need one let me know I will try to pull it for you if you want

Comment

i can always use another transmission. whats the cost on it these days- PM me/ scrap that call me today.

Comment

Will call you when I wake up... going to sleep for a little bit, tomorrow is a big day!

Comment

G-type buy is coming along nicely! Whats happening here? What was the verdict with the trannies Ryan?

Comment

still haven't come to any resolve on the tranny situation. i never made it down to monoxidechild's last friday (car was down for the count) its still in the plan of things. On a good note the axel stubs did make it to Mfactory & they are assesing the axel play so that'll be resolved ahead of time with the H series.

getting my car to driveable status is of key importance right now. after that i'll be heading to pat's place to see what we can figure out with the differential

Comment

Next week for sure i'll be checking into the H type issues. Meantime i need all of the help spreading the word i can. Please help me put together the scat forged rods groupbuy

Spread the word to any FE3 owner you know!!! lets make this happen as well

Comment

Count me in for sure. I"ll have the first deposit within a week or two. And wait patiently for the final product.

For late people like me, what will come with the LSD as far as hardware? And how do you tell which gear ratio you have?
                        -Rick- 88 MX6 GT
                        Boosted on an Electromotive TECII standalone.
                        FE-DOHC rebuild complete. 265hp, 290ft/tq @ 15psi
                        '08 Ranger Sport

Comment

^ added you to the list
                          PM Mfactory for more info

Comment

I would like to get on the BB as well. When is the money/down payment due?

Comment

any updates on fitment/testing?
                              1991 Probe GT - lots of bolt-ons, awaiting GT28RS turbo, custom LSD, MS, etc. shooting for 300+ hp - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3132466

1989 Probe GT - will be DD on 15psi w/ bolt-ons

sigpic

Comment

i checked in with a transmission shop for overall advice. from what they noticed, its assumed that the 2ndary shaft/ring gear probably has a high spot causing it to act as it does. I was told so long as its not binding noticeably bad to run it. so thats the overall plan. reassemble & test.

Overall fitment to the ring gear is very nice, bearing journal area's are up to par. everything is apparent to be the same with the OEM spare i have.

Im more then willing to ship the prototype to anyone who would show more significance in testing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X