No announcement yet.

H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ran the car on sunday. rad was broke and turbo oil inlet fitting spewed a lot of oil so i basically drove a 1/4 mile and back, went thru the first 3 gears nice and easy. Everything is quiet (except the turbo) and feels solid. Picking up a rad today. Think I have a 90 degree fitting from a tbird t3. If I do, I'll be running a half a stainless (or PTFE line) and that solves that (or paying the guy down the street to make something work). Gonna hook my PS and front bumper up tonite along with the new rad.
    Rob's machina de destruccion
    Originally posted by ragnarock01
    "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

2 row rad coming tomorrow morning from Napa. Nobody else sold a 2 row...
      "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

thats a scary thought. did no one have one on hand, or did they not even offer them anymore? i should probably grab the other 2 dual cores i saw at the yard last week if there gonna start being rare.
        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
        What are you driving?

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about the radiators becoming rare, you can still find them all over online. Just finding them locally could be an issue for some though I imagine.

Of course, I'm considering going for a custom radiator with dual fans since I seem to have issues with cooling, lam.
          1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
          BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
          PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
          EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

the 3/4" cores are everywhere. its just another fine example of the replacement aftermarket not caring enough to know the difference.

Comment

In this country I had no problem getting an aftermarket dual core radiator...

sure they cost more but hey, its hot here I did not think it was worth the risk buying a single.

The upside of the single core is that the car will warm up faster with less volume of coolant in the system, and wont struggle with the overcooling effect in the cold weather so much.

Depending on where you live, you could probably get away with a single core if you:
              1. have no a/c
              2. there are few days over 35degC

A new single core radiator will probably cool better than a 20 year old dual core !

Comment

been running a single core. i don't shut my engine off at the track, and end up experiencing some heat soak. If I'm spending the money, I want 2core

Comment

yea. i had a dual core in my n/a probe. damn thing wouldnt ever get heat. ended up swapping to a single core just so i could defrost my windows. lol
                  ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                  ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                  What are you driving?

Comment

So it works, it's good and they can start shipping?
                    Ryan
                    '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                    STX Prep:
                    MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

it works. i havent given it a proper thrashing, but everything is good so far tranny wise. Shifts way better than any of thee other Htypes I've ever used tho. Looks like somebody replaced brass rings and stuff inside tho.

Got my 2 row rad. WTF its a 1 row?!?! Pat would you sell me one of those dual cores you have?

Comment

Sure. hows 50 plus whatever shipping is? And of course its an all metal cause i dont even bother grabbing any others anymore
                        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                        What are you driving?

Comment

pm sending

Comment

Let me know if you still want to do this Pat...

I did some tinkering with my fittings and found out the thread on my banjo bolt (which fits perfectly into my chra) is not 10 x 1.0. I was messing with my metric taps and dies set and for some reason, my metric set had a 1/8-28 die that fit perfectly on my bolt. Problem is speed shop down the street (whom is putting my line together), says his aeroquip book only lists 1/8-27 which is a taper thread. He says there is a 1/8 straight cut which is more than likely my 1/8-28, but he hasnt ever seen one. My turbo is a Garrett t3 60 trim from a Mustang SVO. Anybody have any insight on what (for sure) the inlet thread in my chra is?

Comment

Final payment of $325 made.

Comment

Originally posted by MK1gGT-Rob View Post
                                Let me know if you still want to do this Pat...

I did some tinkering with my fittings and found out the thread on my banjo bolt (which fits perfectly into my chra) is not 10 x 1.0. I was messing with my metric taps and dies set and for some reason, my metric set had a 1/8-28 die that fit perfectly on my bolt. Problem is speed shop down the street (whom is putting my line together), says his aeroquip book only lists 1/8-27 which is a taper thread. He says there is a 1/8 straight cut which is more than likely my 1/8-28, but he hasnt ever seen one. My turbo is a Garrett t3 60 trim from a Mustang SVO. Anybody have any insight on what (for sure) the inlet thread in my chra is?
                                I had this problem when I was trying to get oil fittings for my 16G. What I did was I just typed the size I needed into google, and there was one website that carried them.

If your die says it's 1/8-28, try searching for a fitting in that size. You could also try asking on some mustang forum like http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/. Someone there is sure to know what size it is or where to get fittings.

These guys are talking about your problem too, with some good suggestions: http://forum.doityourself.com/archiv.../t-133524.html
                                Last edited by ragnarock01; 10-23-2009, 12:13 PM.
                                1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
                                BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
                                PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
                                EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

Working...
                                X