No announcement yet.

H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 4WS with the steel speedo drive gear, and the damn thing is a press fit. I'll have to get it pressed off tomorrow. These are the times I miss working as a mechanic, with all of the workshop gear to use.

Comment

its nice when you have a press should consider buying one yourself, they are extremely handy

Edit, please post pics of the steel speedo gear. i've heard of this, but forgotten about it entirely.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yeah, it hurts paying people to stuff I used to be able to do myself. I've been thinking about one, maybe I will, seeing how I seem to be doing a lot of mechanical work again. I''l see about pics tomorrow.

Comment

20 ton Press from Harbor Freight. Low cost and does the job

Edit: doh, just realized you're not in the US, my bad
          MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
          YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
          SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
          SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

Comment

Received mine today!! Thanks to everybody!!!!

Comment

Pics of the steel speedo drive gear.

Don't know why the 4WS is steel though, don't all of the GD's have speed sensitive steering when fitted with PS?
              Last edited by gbilski; 03-03-2010, 01:30 AM.

Comment

in Australia the GD turbo models had road speed sensing PS where as the NA cars were all engine speed sensing PS.

I dont understand why they needed to go to metal gears for the 4WS, maybe some early versions had issues with gears stripping.

What is the drive gear made from ? is it nylon or metal ?

Comment

Went and looked, been so long since I took the box out. The drive gear is steel as well.

Comment

i want a steel one..... just cause it looks sexy
                    anyhows, got a part number on that?
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Does someone know if the speedogear from a H-style diff is identical to a G-style diff?

I have a G-style box from a FE-DOHC 4WS laying around.

Comment

ive swapped them, and they work. but keep an eye on the little gear itself, cause ive been told they are different. so the speedo will read slightly off.
                        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                        What are you driving?

Comment

same part number with mazda when we are talking the pink plastic ones

Comment

Every H series one i have is white plastic. Lol.
                            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                            What are you driving?

Comment

Ok. This got me wondering. So i called my friend emo up at mazda to check for me. According to him. There all different. there even different in the cars with 14 inch tires, and the cars with 15's. But he also said the H series speedo is still available. and the best part is its under $25 bux.

so for reference. there's 3 different ones used in the f2 powered car's.
                              a 20 tooth one on the 14in wheel cars
                              a 21 tooth one on the 15in wheel car's
                              and a 3rd one which is on all H series turbo trans. year doesnt matter according to him, there all the same.
                              Last edited by monoxidechild; 03-03-2010, 01:42 PM.
                              ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                              What are you driving?

Comment

AFAIK the driven gears are different for different size tyres, but the drive gears are the same. I think the drive gear is 25 teeth, but the driven gear can be 20 or 21 ( and maybe even some others that I havent seen )

Comment

Working...
                                X