No announcement yet.

3 10's. or 2 12's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever Heard of power bass? I heard an old civic hatch with two tens that was deafening.
    ah, it's wonderful driving a car that goes slow.. makes it easier to aim for the old people crossing the street

Comment

Originally posted by MATT91GT View Post
      i have a single 10. for a small car you dont need many subs. my sub pumps enough to rattle the **** outta my car and its not even getting its full power capability
      That's because you don't have deadening material. If you do have some it's not enough or was improperly adhered in the car.

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
      deep and acurate bass will really only come from the 12's in a sealed enclosure ... which will almost dbl the size box needed .... the 10's will give you much sharper snap but will not hit those awesome subsonic 18hrz notes despite being in a ported box ... and the acoustics of the car will play a huge factor
      FAIL FAIL FAIL. The size of the driver has nothing to do with the frequencies it can reproduce and don't ask me to explain. If size mattered why do the most highly respected home audio speakers never have drivers larger than 10's or 12's? What's correct is the acoustics of your automobile do play a huge factor in regards to output and overall performance.

Originally posted by 93BlkOnGreenPro View Post
      I would go back with a 15, but they are a lil sloppy.
      What's sloppy is you rational. Size doesn't determine accuracy, it's the motor that determines that. Yes I admit that larger drivers can and typically are more accurate than their smaller siblings, but the motor is the determining factor more times than not.

If done properly a ported enclosure is 2X as loud as sealed, because it utilizes both sine waves... in addition requires less power to achieve this 3dB gain.
      Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

Comment

I will be quick, I am a bid fan of bazookas, a buddy had two 10" of those zookies and it gave some serious bass, better than any 12" on a box, of course two 12" on bazookies would be insane, but 10"s were enough.

Also, it depends on what kind of bass, music you are going to hear.

Comment

Working...
        X