Ebay HID kit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lex View Post
    Everyone running the HIDs in your stock housings? Any issues with glare etc?
    I would love to know this as well. Where could I get the kits where the ballast and igniter are one and not separate units?

Comment

i want to get an HID kit for my mazda as well. as for a good seller, just go to their feedback and see what people are saying about the product. if its **** off the bat then people are going to give a neutral or negative rating.
      i would also be using the stock housing and everything.

also, anyone having tips for removing the hazing after 14 years ?
      -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
      VF10 powered!
      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
        i want to get an HID kit for my mazda as well. as for a good seller, just go to their feedback and see what people are saying about the product. if its **** off the bat then people are going to give a neutral or negative rating.
        i would also be using the stock housing and everything.

also, anyone having tips for removing the hazing after 14 years ?
        Use the search button to answer the last question
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

chris have bought any kit yet? I want to know how an ebay kit turns out too. lol
          protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by jaws View Post
            chris have bought any kit yet? I want to know how an ebay kit turns out too. lol
            Not yet. Been working 14-16 hr days so by the time I get home I'm crashing. I even have a headlight out and need to get a kit asap before I get a slip from an officer lol
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I have an ebay kit in my Black Mx-3 10K dont remember who i bought them from but they work great and they where $90 low beam only a year ago.

I just bought a kit with high and low beams for the White Mx-3 just showed up at my house havent been home yet to install them yet. Im at college. Will be installing them tommoro night when i get home.

I bought them from DDM tuning
              http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html.

I bought the first kit with the Slim balasts,55w upgrade and the high/low upgrade 10,000k in color all for $111.
              The kits start as low as $65 plus shipping without the high/low and 55w upgrade.
              sigpic
              1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85
              1/8 mile 8.50@89 2.3 60' Parted out and missed!

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.
              1\8 mile 8.81@82.66 still at 2.1 60'. Parted out

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
              Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
              Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                Not yet. Been working 14-16 hr days so by the time I get home I'm crashing. I even have a headlight out and need to get a kit asap before I get a slip from an officer lol
                lol I have a headlight out right now. The low beam on one silverstar burned out so I switched it with the oem one. Now this other low beam is out on the other silverstar, so I just said F*ck this. I am driving with an OEM high beam and a silverstar high beam and it's so dull that I have passed cops and oncoming traffic without any problems. I have had someone flash their headlights at me once, and it's been a month or two. Pretty sad...

and BlackMazdamx-3, you have to post some pics when you get those installed. :D

Comment

Will do
                  sigpic
                  1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
                  Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
                  Daily driver

Comment

I want an 8000k kit, but that's just me. It's still better light than what I've had. I wonder what would happen if you got the 55w 10000k kit, because the website says that some of the color will wash out due to the higher output. (mx-3, i suppose that's what you did..)

I also did some research on the DDM kit. They use the same bulbs as the apexcone kit, and they hold up well from what I've heard.
                    Last edited by jaws; 01-16-2009, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the link blackmazdamx3 . Some good prices. Also I like that they use philips bulbs and have a lifetime warrenty. I think you just made my choice. I won't go anymore than 6000 though. That blue tint isn't for me. I like clear lights with great visability.
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Yeah mine at 10,000 k are more like a 8,000k because the 55w washes it out some will post pics when i get them in tonight.
                        sigpic

Sold and missed!

Daily driver

Comment

Here are the pics of the 10,000k DDM Tuneing Slimline hids in my 1993 mx-3.

one halogen hedlamp

One Hid hedlamp

Both hid's installed

hid low beam

Hid high beam

Sorry not the greatest pics but its 3 degrees outside and my Garage is warm.
                          They are even brighter than what they look in the pics.
                          sigpic

Sold and missed!

Daily driver

Comment

wow thats a bigggg difference. my lights are soo dull. im thinking about using some kit of refinishing kit on my headlight housings and getting these. how hard were they to install?
                            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                            VF10 powered!
                            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

wow they look good, they look more like 6K...
                              323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

Thanks for the pics. It's still too blue for my taste. Maybe I should get a 5000 kit. idk
                                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                                X