No announcement yet.

Ebay HID kit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^thanks, i've read the thread, but i want to see some installed and lit... I want to get a blue one either 8k or 10k, but i dont want it to be too light in color, but at the same time to dark in color (sounds wierd i know lol) Also is the ballast easy to hide, where did you mount them? Are these water and shock resistant? sorry for all the question, i just want to make sure my money is going into something worthwhile...

Comment

i've heard a lot of good things about these kits. I'm sure that if you mount these down into the fender it should work fine. I've seen a lot of installs done that way. I'm thinking of ordering a 35w 8000k single beam kit from them soon, when I do I'll have plenty of pics. :D
      protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

Comment

There are installed pics on page 2 of this thred. Also night pics. I will take some more pics this weeknd and post them up. showing where the ballasts are mounted.

I have had a kit on my other mx-3 for at least a year and have never had any problems and it was a ebay kit.
        sigpic
        1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85
        1/8 mile 8.50@89 2.3 60' Parted out and missed!

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.
        1\8 mile 8.81@82.66 still at 2.1 60'. Parted out

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
        Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
        Daily driver

Comment

i think im going to get a 35 watt kit so there is no chance of anything getting too hot. probably the 6000k. ill deffinatley do a how to and take lots of pics.
          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
          VF10 powered!
          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

i was thinking or ripping some square-ish volvo headlights out of a junkyard, then shaving them in.
            its low on the priority list, but it seems plausible.
            it would give me all the pre-engineered, correct beam patterns and such as well.
            i know palm beach gardens fl has got to have at least 6 wrecked volvos in the junkyard.
            between the bmw's and the bentlys
            Next!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 5l1mm View Post
              i was thinking or ripping some square-ish volvo headlights out of a junkyard, then shaving them in.
              its low on the priority list, but it seems plausible.
              it would give me all the pre-engineered, correct beam patterns and such as well.
              i know palm beach gardens fl has got to have at least 6 wrecked volvos in the junkyard.
              between the bmw's and the bentlys
              those are called projectors IIRC. check out HIDplanet.com
              -Steve

VF10 powered!
              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                HIDplanet.com
                249$!!!
                Next!
                sigpic

Comment

not to buy kits from. to learn stuff about HID lights.
                  lol
                  -Steve

VF10 powered!
                  262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                  13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

meh,
                    perhaps its my browser, but the faq seemed empty to me.
                    if i do this at all, it will be about a year from now at least. but thanks
                    Next!
                    sigpic

Comment

I just search around on the internet for all the info. HID kits are one of those things that have a million websites for, but most of them are all the same. My pet peeve is when people get color temps wrong. Example: 6000k doesn't have much blue tint to it. 8000k does. 10000k is a deep blue, and 12000k is like a royal purple. It's not supposed to be blue. 15000k and 30000k are pretty much the same as 12000k, but maybe a little more purple. I wish they would keep it the same.
                      protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

Comment

My 6k kit just came in. Pics to come
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

cant wait for the pics turpro! Also did any of you get the HIDs with out the high beam option, i wanted to know if your factory high beams still function... I've heard that sometimes they don't on certain cars

One more thing lol, since you plug them directly to the battery, are these lights going to be on every time your car is on or can you still turn them off and on like you normally would?

Comment

The kit I have has high beams as well just they're hologen(I have pics that I'll post later). The normal plug for a normal buld plugs into the ballast so they work just like normal lights.
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

What was the name of the guy you bought your kit from on ebay by the way turpro?

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaspeeder21 View Post
                                What was the name of the guy you bought your kit from on ebay by the way turpro?

Look in the parts review section. I am posting a review soon.

2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                                X