Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hehe, that's good to know

Comment

blue u need the f#1 status HU so waht if its 3k... just steal your friends wallet

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
        blue u need the f#1 status HU so waht if its 3k... just steal your friends wallet

dude stop giving me bad ideas (reaching over and grabbing ski mask)

Comment

its still not fair. I love my family, good thing my car is a part of my family hopefully I can start my spl setup in a few months since i landed a nice paying job, just have to keep from putting money into other things, IE: lowering srings, dishwasher, new porch, paint job, blablabla.

any updates blue on the install
          Last edited by walight01; 11-30-2003, 11:59 PM.
          '02 classic red p5
          currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

he cant type he accidently fiberglassed his hand to the door

Comment

that would make since
              '02 classic red p5
              currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                he cant type he accidently fiberglassed his hand to the door

lol, that's a good one actually i've gotten pretty far with it all. it took a lot longer for the fiberglass to harden, since it was cold i almost doubled up on hardener, and it still took forever to harden. i was sitting outside with a blow dryer for a while anyways, all the wires have been run into the door for the amps, i've made the mounting plate for the amps, so they'll be bolted to the door. i've got the passenger door cut to where it needs to be to fiberglass it in, so it's flush with the amp, and transitions into the pod for the 8. the wood piece that the amp mounts to will be bolted to the metal door panel, and so will the pod for the sub. i've got the chips made for the 4xs, and still trying to decide if i want to use the x-over that came with the type R's, or use the 4xs and run more power to them the kick panels are almost done. all the fiberglass is finished, and now it needs a little sanding and bondo i might sell the kick panels and type R's to buy some components that can handle more power and possibly the TV for my dash:p: aside from the front stage, i got sick of not having a sub, since the brahma is still off for service so i quickly built a box for the 8's. it's .65 cu ft, tuned to 36 hz, and each 8 is getting 100 watts. it actually sounds awesome. my friend's thought i put in some 10's. other than that nothing else going on.

Comment

got pics, man?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                    got pics, man?

naw, i didn't have much time, so i wasn't worried about pics. and now i'm back up in SC, and my camera is in FL

Comment

aww, that's too damn bad... I wanted to see what your amp mounting plate looks like and how you mount it to the door and all that...
                      Last edited by Intruder; 12-03-2003, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                        aww, that's too damn bad... I wanted to see what your amp mounting plate looks like and how you mount it to the door and all that...
                        it's a piece of 3/4" MDF a little larger than the amp, and it's secured with bolts i'm going to spray each door with sound dampening before i finish mounting everything i'm going to have bolts coming though for the enclosure for the 8's, with wing nuts on the inside. i want those as secure as possible. everything will also have industrial strength velcro securing everything, which i hope will help with the rattles, so it absorbs some of the vibration:p:

Comment

aww man, I have to do something similar to my doors. every piece of the door rattles. those plastic things that attach the panels to the doors are worth nothing. I've removed the panels so many times that their holding strenght has diminished tremendously. I don't know how to proceed. Even my side mirrors rattle like crazy. All I have to do is rev the engine to about 1200rpm and the mirrors rattle. And when the music is playing the mirrors rattle even without the subwoofer.

Comment

check this out:

glyph made a nice how-to on silencing the 3rd gen door panels

Comment

Cool, thanks for pointing that out blue.
                              I don't know if you remember, but I had my doors covered in Brown Bread. Apparently it reduces road noise, but failed to get rid of the cracking plastic noise produced when the panels rub against other parts of the door - that's my problem.

Here's a picture:

Comment

for where the plastic meets anything else, whether it be plastic or metal, either use extra brown bread, if you have some left, or get some really soft weather stripping. i'm going to put weather stripping all around my door panel, and where the top and bottom half screw together i'm going to have to do something, cause i know the 8's are going to rattle like hell

Comment

Working...
                                X