best speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all $300 WILL NEVER buy the top of the line :p

You want top of the line, you pay for it!

These are the BEST!

I have yet to hear there equal.

Comment

Me either dude , I have the pro 6.5's in my car. Ive heard the z6's and I WANT THEM! They send shivers down my spine. That dam crossover box is so large thoe.
      2k4 Rally White Mazda 3 Hatchback

Sound By CDT , powered by DLS-CA23
      Bass by Elemental Design, powered by HIFONICS

Comment

ive heard of infinitys and know they are a good brand but i never heard much about CDT, what u guys think of them?

Comment

From what I have read about them, they are excellent for the money. Especially with this deal. They say there are no others that sound this good for that price. If I didn't already have my Focals, I would be all over that deal.

Comment

Is it me or does everyone and there brother Immediatly refer to infinity speakers when first upgradeing a cars sound.

News Flash: Infinity is not that great!

Comment

then what would u suggest for my rear speakers?

Comment

Originally posted by dafoo21
                then what would u suggest for my rear speakers?
                I suggest to go and listen to as many speakers as you possibly can and then decide.

Comment

...true..

Comment

I agree that many state Infinity off the bat. For the price, they sound good. Not up to the specs of many other more expensive brands, but in their range, I consider them a very good replacement speaker.

Comment

i posted in the other thread first, so here's my post, and the other one will be deleted.

well, i've heard great reviews of the koda 6 components from adire audio. great, flat response, and a decent price. as far as midbass drivers go, the koda's are amazing. i'm planning on putting a set or 2 in my car

you could also go with the normally recomended "top" brands.
                      CDT components are sweet. if you are on a budget, the CL-61a are half price cause they have the wrong color paint on them. the ES-643 3 way components are sweet, utilizing a 6.5", 4" (i believe), and the tweeter. the downside is that you'll have to custom mount them.
                      The rare domain name TheZeb.com is now available for purchase, lease or rent for your next The Zeb project. The perfect name for your marketing and advertising campaigns.

i've also heard great things about the RF components:

then there are alpine, image dynamics, phoenix gold, boston acoustics, MB quart, JL audio, dynaudio, and of course the almighty focal
                      Last edited by blue LEDz; 09-02-2003, 03:02 PM.

Comment

so going with the kodas for rear and the cdts for the front, id be using my money wisely?

Comment

Originally posted by dafoo21
                          so going with the kodas for rear and the cdts for the front, id be using my money wisely?
                          well, as far as using your money wisely, i'd go with a set of the $150 CDT's up front in a set of kick panels amped with the high pass x-over set at 200 hz or a little higher. the same set in the rear x-over above 100-150 hz. and a set of koda's in the front doors low pass x-overed at about 400 hz, and an infrasonic filter set at about 40-50 hz, to keep the really lows from hurting the kodas. now the exact x-over points will take some adjustments, but those are where i'd start. you could also put the front components in the doors, and the koda's in kickpanels, or in a small box in the trunk. as far as an amp, depending on what you have now, you could look into a 5 channel amp like the autotek SX-5750 for $350.
                          The rare domain name TheZeb.com is now available for purchase, lease or rent for your next The Zeb project. The perfect name for your marketing and advertising campaigns.

total would be about $810 for all that, though.

Comment

Im telling you Rainbow has hte best compnent speakers in the world

$1900 for these bad boys

Comment

well im only ready to spend money on 2 pairs of speakers right now so im definatly going to go with the CDTs and i should put those in the front somewhere (whether it be in the doors or not, im not likign them in the doors right now because it rattles like a mother). but what do u recommend for the rears? im really looking to get some good enough bass without having my current subs because i dont really need all that bump just for some rock music.

Comment

the current amp i have is 2 channeled 120X2 mtx amp

Comment

Working...
                                X