No announcement yet.

best speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither Boston or eclipse whore out there products. They prefer to have good retailers backing them and insuring there products are used correctly and to satesfaction. Yet another reason you will never see either in best buy.

Considering there price is already low, I would not throw the warrenty out the window for a few bucks.

Comment

so i think imma be going with the boston nx 6X9s for my rear speakers, its a 3 way but the guy said its still mid-range, is he right? anyone else remmomend better? cause i dont wanna get more component speakers in the rear when i already have some in the front...

ok, i got a newbee question hear... when i get that e-dead stuff in the mail, where should i be applying it... blue leds told me generally where i should put it but im a lil confused, ive never dealt with that stuff before....

Comment

Originally posted by dafoo21
        so i think imma be going with the boston nx 6X9s for my rear speakers, its a 3 way but the guy said its still mid-range, is he right? anyone else remmomend better? cause i dont wanna get more component speakers in the rear when i already have some in the front...

ok, i got a newbee question hear... when i get that e-dead stuff in the mail, where should i be applying it... blue leds told me generally where i should put it but im a lil confused, ive never dealt with that stuff before....
        Let your ears be the judge of a better speakers, thats all that counts. The bostons are a good sounding speaker that are build very well and backed by one of the best manufacturers out there.
        What speakers are going in the front?
        I would honestly do the boston rally seires componets to better match the NX speakers in the back.

The Edead is usualy easiest applied before the speakers are installed.

Comment

im getting those CDTs that are half off..

well i know i need to put the e-dead on b4 but do i cut it in strips? i guess its kinda hard to explain over the internet lol.

thanks for all ur help guys, i appriciate it

i ask about the bostons because ive never heard midrange b4 so i dont know if they were really mid range speakers because the tweaters threw me off, i thought mid range were only 2 way speakers so thats why im asking u guys...

Comment

The bostons are full range speakers as are most 2 or 3 way speakers. They are not intended for bass or highs any more then a 2 way is. The "way" refers to how may seperate drivers are making different sounds.

Most accurately the "way" should never be used to describe a speaker like them. Better used is coaxle or triaxle. For me a 2 way is a seperate tweeter and mid and a 3 way is something I am still convincing my girlfriend to take part in :D.
            Sorry, to easy :D.
            A 3 way should be a seperate tweeter, mid and mid bass speaker.

The edead shoucl be put on in as large of a sheet as you can. Example, my doors each have one slightly trimmed sheet of Dynomat extream on them. The inside has various sizes as I could easily fit a hole sheet in there.

Comment

so the boston nx's im choosing would be an appropriate choice for "midrange" speakers?

ok, i think i get what ur saying about the e-dead.... just basically cut strips for the edges of the plastic for the door cover and the back panel that touches metal...opposed to using full sheets and just slapping them on and wasting alot of money.

Comment

so the boston nx's im choosing would be an appropriate choice for "midrange" speakers?

ok, i think i get what ur saying about the e-dead.... just basically cut strips for the edges of the plastic for the door cover and the back panel that touches metal...opposed to using full sheets and just slapping them on and wasting alot of money.
                The edead has to be applied under the vapor barrier and should be applied in as big of a sheet, not strip as possible.

The bostons area good full range speaker. They do everything form 50HZ to 20,000hz. If you want ONLY midrange then get the woofer part only of the CDT components you are buying.

Comment

bosten..mmm good stuff....

I think when Im tired of this system Im just gonna go and an all eclipse system...friend has 6x9's and 6 and a half components... when he wfirst got his sub he tricked me... he turned he car on and I was like wow tahts sub tight bass for 12's and it isnt that "bass in one diretion" type of bass... he ****ing didnt have the subs on yet and it was the speakers.. blew me away...

Comment

so today i got the bostons and the eclipse amp installed. its sounds great! i cant wait to hear my system with the CDTs installed... ups came to deliever it yesterday but i wasnt home =(

Comment

so today i got the bostons and the eclipse amp installed. its sounds great! i cant wait to hear my system with the CDTs installed... ups came to deliever it yesterday but i wasnt home =(
                      Isn't that always the case?! I had Boston Acoustics 6x9's and they awsome speakers with high ratings. Now I just own their Pro Series separates, older model (the 5.4's, but still sound pretty good). I wish there was a CDT dealer here in Chas. I would like to hear what they sound like. There is a Focal dealer and like every where, JL Audio. The shop that I used to work carries Focal, but dropped Diamond Audio, which at the time were the best sounding speakers that smoked Boston Acoustics and any other name brand separates we carried at the time. I wish I picked up a set of the 5" separates before resigning from there. My Bostons still shine though. They don't sell them any more, but I would like to hear what the new ones sound like. They are $1000 retail though!!

Mikee Mike
                      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                      Groundkit

Comment

I just got the CDTs in today and i must say, they "look" like they sound good lol. ive never dealt with component installation, ive done my own speaker installation but components look complicated. are they as scary as it seems and i should get a professional install them or are they almost like installing a regular speaker?

Comment

Originally posted by Rider69

My suggestions to you area:
                          Front: CDT CL-61a $150/set
                          Rear: Infinity Kappa 692.5i $199/pr
                          And you need an amp to drive all those speakers. To get decent bass without distorting the speakers, you need some decent power output, about 75x4.
                          I recommend:
                          U.S. acoustics USB-4085 $180
                          or
                          Kicker KX600.4 $400

Rider, you have Focals which I hear are really good sounding speakers. Are the CDT's better in SQ and smoother? I never heard the CDTs before because no one locally sells them, but Focals are in the area.

Good Luck and let us know what you decide on.

Groundkit

Comment

I just got the CDTs in today and i must say, they "look" like they sound good lol. ive never dealt with component installation, ive done my own speaker installation but components look complicated. are they as scary as it seems and i should get a professional install them or are they almost like installing a regular speaker?
                            A lot of people install the tweeters in the triangular piece where the outside mirrors are connecte to. They just "pop" off with a small screw driver or you may be able to pop it off by hand and not risk scratching like I did when I put 6 1/2's in the door. I had to do minor cutting of the metal with a Dremel tool and it was very easy to do and the first time I ever did it. I used acoustic baffles from crutchfield to keep moisture out of the back of the 6 1/2 driver.

Groundkit

Comment

im more worried about the crossovers, i never dealt with them before...

Comment

It's straight forward. You just run wires from amp to the crossover (they will tell you with terminals to use) and then the supplied wires to midrange from the correct terminal of the xover and the same with the tweeter. You can't go wrong unless you wire them wrong and get no bass do to reverse polarity, and in that case, your **** blows up, catches fires, hurts at first, but then once it becomes a 3rd degree burn your pain receptors are toast and you don't feel a thing. It's the skin grafting that hurts once the receptors grow back. Not to mention your car is totalled and flames have caught on to the house and spread through out the neighborhood.

Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                                X