No announcement yet.

Getting one more e12K.44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But on paper, are the Type Rs better speakers than the EDs?

Ever get the Brahma back from repair? You probably still driving with the 18 in the car. As insanely loud as the 18 was, I still liked the single 10 the best. It hit really hard and sounded great with all kinds of music. :p:
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
      But on paper, are the Type Rs better speakers than the EDs?

Ever get the Brahma back from repair? You probably still driving with the 18 in the car. As insanely loud as the 18 was, I still liked the single 10 the best. It hit really hard and sounded great with all kinds of music. :p:

as far as mechanical excursion the type R's are better. but just cause it can move that far doesn't mean it's a good idea, or will sound good. once you get out of the electrical control over the sub, it gets VERY sloppy. it's not a big deal for SPL, but for SQ it is but xmax, or either of the other excursion figures are not the most important aspect of a sub, depending on what you are looking for in a sub

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
        get the dual 4 ohms you don't HAVE to use all that power
        dual 4 ohm for a 1ohm total?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
          dual 4 ohm for a 1ohm total?

yep, but YOU control the volume knob keep in mind that how much wattage an amp throws at a speaker is constantly changing. don't run the amp at 9+ dB's of clipping from a sine wave to the subs for a long time. THAT will kill then

Comment

Intruder... you lookin' to sell your e12k.44 now that you want Type Rs?

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
            RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
            MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
              Not necessarily. I wanted to get a second e12K.44 for keeps, but then I decided I might get a pair of Type Rs just for testing and keep the better speakers. I haven't done the test yet, so I can't tell which pair I'm going to sell.

Comment

If you go to www.carsound.com, you can find a lot of used subwoofers for sale and used amps under the forums column. I am getting a used batcap in the very near future from a guy on there. He is selling a Brahma 12 I think if not a 10inch sub. I heard Blue's and it kicks ass! He has it in a ported box and is going with an ED sub in a sealed box as a new sub. Also has Avionixx amps for sale as well. Not sure how much though.
                2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                Groundkit

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Damn, eD is still waiting for the K's.
                    Anyone selling a 12K.44?

I might have to go buy two Type R's after all...

Comment

i'm buying... if you wanna offload yours.. i'm here to buy it.

if i don't find another one by late summer. i'll probably end up selling my e12k.44 and get some PGs or something.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                      RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

if i don't find another one by late summer. i'll probably end up selling my e12k.44 and get some PGs or something.
                        By that time I'll probably have some money, I'd be happy to buy yours.

Comment

This is waaaay...OT but blue will you make me a diagram for a box with the same specs for 2 10s instead of 12s.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                          Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                          I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMania
                              This is waaaay...OT but blue will you make me a diagram for a box with the same specs for 2 10s instead of 12s.

what kind of 10's? you'll want it tuned a little higher. do you also want the angled front? when you say same specs, do you mean the external dimensions?

Comment

most probably the general shape

Comment

Working...
                                X