No announcement yet.

Getting one more e12K.44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between the 12K.44 and the 12K.14 - the difference is none. Basically, the 12K.44 is a DVC sub (dual voice coil - 4ohm + 4ohm), while the 12K.14 is a SVC sub - only one coil of 4ohms.

The Kx series is a ... "value" version of the K series. I don't think I should degrade my audio. I am supposed to be upgrading it, and therefore I will not be getting a Kx.

The guy from eD wrote back and suggested I get two O series subs and sell my K. Crazy... One is $165!

Comment

YAY! Guess what, I just called eD and they said they're getting a small quantity of 12K.44s this coming Monday, but unfortunately I won't be able to get one because they're all going to customers who had warranty work, etc...

So, I asked them if my order will ever get fulfilled, and they said:
      - Oh, you HAVE an order?
      - Duh! Didn't I say I've been waiting since January?
      - You will definitely be getting one. They'll be here on Monday or Tuesday, and we'll ship them out as soon as we get them.
      - *crazy noises, banshees screaming, armageddon, hangs up phone*

Depending on how fast UPS delivers, I should have my second e12K.44 by the week after next.

Comment

damn you!!!
        order a second one, and ship it to me

lemme know if you hear any more noise about some floating around..
        i really need more boom in the car. (need more boom in wallet, first, still)

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
        RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Call them on Monday/Tuesday. That's what he (Eric) said before he realized I actually have an order. I'm thinking if you really want one and beg them long enough... they'll sell you one.

Comment

hehehe.. sweet.. they're like 120+shipping, right??
            and i won't let them ship to canada, stupid UPS and border crap... ah well.. another trip to the US

RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

I'm not sure about the price. I don't really care if it's $150 or $135. I've waited long enough. I think I paid $135 for mine, but that was because it was on backorder, and had some discount for that. Total was $135.

Now they have $115 shipped, but I think that was for the ones on Audiohole. Try calling them, man. That's your best bet. He told me to call on Tuesday, but I'd call on Monday if I were you.

Comment

hehehe. alright.
                seeing as i'm barely gonna be at work on Monday, that'll be the plan.. just gonna find some money... god.. everything's gotta come up at once.

RB springs
                Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Some questions...

So, a while back we reached the conclusion that I will be running a second 4 gauge wire to the amp and I'll be using a second fuse for that wire. My dad says that having two fuses in parallel like that is .. not a good idea. What he suggested is that I get a short piece of 1 gauge wire, fuse it, then split it into two 4 gauge wires, and run those to the amp. I agree with him, and I am placing an order for 18 feet of 4 gauge power wire, but I'm not too keen on the $19.99 ANL fuse holders. Why are they so expensive?

Blue, what do you have to say? Which fuse holder should I buy? My amp's manual says I need a 120AMP fuse.

Comment

Heh, after some looking around it turns out that $19.99 for an ANL fuse holder is considered cheap. I'm ordering the one from Knukonceptz.

Comment

they just are expensive... and they are called ANL because its like anal raping your wallet for a damn fuse...

Comment

Update:

e12K.44 not shipped yet. eD has not received the 12K.44's yet and has no idea why their shipment is delayed. I have to call back later today to find out.

Comment

running 2 4 gauge wires and 2 fuse holders is not going to be a problem. The 2 fuse holders will take a little more room than the 1 1/0 gauge one, but still not a problem.

Comment

^^ Im running the same thing (except ones an 8 gauge) and it works just fine. its basically just eliminating the 1/0 wire by having htem connected to a distribution terminal battery...

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                              ^^ Im running the same thing (except ones an 8 gauge) and it works just fine. its basically just eliminating the 1/0 wire by having htem connected to a distribution terminal battery...
                              What are those two wires connected to?
                              BTW, the problem may come when one of the fuses burns...

Comment

IF one of the fuses burns, how will that effect anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X