No announcement yet.

Getting one more e12K.44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont effect anything... just means the amp will shut of and everything wil be fine. sure you'll have to dish out for another fuse but would have to anyway with the other setup except more since hte fuse is bigger

Comment

Dude, I was asking about the other end. Do you have those two wires connected to one amp?

Comment

Sorry, guess I misunderstood what you were asking. Why would you need two 4 gauge for 1 amp? If you are running two amps, run one 4 to each. That is all that is needed.

Comment

The amp is rated at 1100W RMS, and I was told I need 1/0 gauge for it. So, to save money, I would just add one more 4 gauge wire and a fuse, but two fuses in parallel doesn't seem like a good idea. They would have to burn at the same instant for the system to be safe, but that's unlikely. That's why I'm having doubts.

Comment

where are your amps located? Trunck, under seat, etc.

Comment

lil freak., i seen u mentioned u wnat more bass... u should go with a 12 inch dayton DVC thats what i got, i got 2 of them and a power acoustik amp NICE BASS lol ,

Comment

Originally posted by Rider69
                where are your amps located? Trunck, under seat, etc.
                The amp (we're talking about one amp here) is located ... behind the rear seats on an amp rack.

Comment

Well, IMHO, your safest bet would be to run 1/0ga back to the trunk. Split it off into 2 4ga, one for each amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                    lil freak., i seen u mentioned u wnat more bass... u should go with a 12 inch dayton DVC thats what i got, i got 2 of them and a power acoustik amp NICE BASS lol ,
                    I may give up on a second e12K.44 and sell mine.. and buy an e12A.22... they seem pretty sweet..
                    only thing i dislike at eD is that i can never hear them before i buy them, kind of a piss-off. PASmag had a review of the e12A.22 this month, and it got some good feedback, and it wouldn't destroy my current 500w amp right away, leaving me enough time to buy another 1000w amp (maybe on of their nIce amps)

Intruder, if you never get your e12K.44.... look me up in like 2 months.. i'll have mine for sale

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                    RB springs
                    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                    MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Rider69
                      Well, IMHO, your safest bet would be to run 1/0ga back to the trunk. Split it off into 2 4ga, one for each amp.
                      lol, I have only ONE amp.

Comment

oh ok.... i understand now. Yea i would run just 1/0 back from the battery straight to it. im not sure if it would do anything or not but you are the electrical guy..

Comment

lil freak.... do what i did.. i got 2 dayton dvc 12's and a A1800DB power acoustik amp for 510 shipped

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
                            Intruder, if you never get your e12K.44.... look me up in like 2 months.. i'll have mine for sale
                            I found someone selling his for $120 and can bring it to me this weekend. If he can really bring it, I'll give him $120 in cold cash right away. I can't wait for another week dammit....

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
                              lil freak.... do what i did.. i got 2 dayton dvc 12's and a A1800DB power acoustik amp for 510 shipped

check out combo #2.

Comment

im not to familiar with the e12K.44 .. but arnt they and the dayton dvc pretty mucht eh same thign?

Comment

Working...
                                X