No announcement yet.

Getting one more e12K.44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy **** htat is bad ass.... frigin wierd y0!

Comment

blue, first I thought about the wires that I currently have.
      will 4 gauge wire be good for up to 1100W? I don't think it's safe to give those subs 550W each anyway, so I might have to limit the gains a lot (input level settings). Also, what kind of fuse would you recommend for this application?

Regarding the design, I have no idea as far as what the enclosure should be.
      Basically, I want a vented enclosure that will sound as good if not better than the current one. You know how much trunk space I have, so if you could design a box for me that would be greatly appreciated. I had an idea... I envisioned a box with the two drivers on each side and two ports (or one) right in the center. Something like two of the reference eD boxes for this sub, but one of them is mirrored and they are both "glued" to eachother. I would have no trouble building another one of those, but I won't be able to fit both of them in my trunk. So, if you can come up with a cool idea, I'd be very, very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
        adding a second sub, hmmmmmmm....... it'll be louder you'll gain about 6 dB's over the single 12.
        yay! I was right!

Comment

your math isn't exactly right. you were looking at power, not the addition of cone area. each plays a part in the total displacement, and there is no replacement for displacement

as for the wire, it would be best to upgrade to 1/0 cable. it is definitely an added expense to the project, though. then in the trunk before the amp you'll have to step down to 4 guage for the amp input. i'm guessing the fuse rating on your amp is 90 or 100 amps. it's best not to run over 70 amps through 4 guage for over 15 feet. another option you have would be to add a second 4 guage wire and get a distribution block to condense it to one 4 guage. just adding a second wire will save you money, and the hassle of running that thick 1/0 cable. you can run one wire down each side of the car. you can use something like this to condense the two 4 guage cables. here's an option for going from 1/0 to 4 guage.

you'll need an ANL fuse holder, and an appropriate fuse. what is the fuse rating on your amp?

actually i'm not sure the trunk space you have what's the largest dimensions the box can be?

Comment

well, I thought that the 2nd and 3rd gens have the same trunk size
            it's probably very close to yours.... I'll have to get back to you with exact dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
              well, I thought that the 2nd and 3rd gens have the same trunk size
              it's probably very close to yours.... I'll have to get back to you with exact dimensions.

the largest i've been able to build outside my trunk and get it through the opening was like 32x16x26 or something huge like that.

Comment

do I need a huge-ass box like that one for the two subs?
                cuz I don't care whatever is optimal...

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                  do I need a huge-ass box like that one for the two subs?
                  cuz I don't care whatever is optimal...

look at how big your box is now, and double it. that's pretty damned big. i'm going to try to make it a little smaller, like i did with misterT's boxes.

Comment

Blue made two boxes, otherwise it it was one big box, it would not have fit in to the vehicle! They sound good though! I wouldn't mind getting another amp for more power to the subs!
                    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                    Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                      look at how big your box is now, and double it. that's pretty damned big. i'm going to try to make it a little smaller, like i did with misterT's boxes.
                      ok, whatever works. you're the expert and I'm counting on you.

Comment

one of these days, when im not studying for every damn I.T. cert there is, ima search for all of blues posts and learn everything there is to know about SOUND.
                        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                          one of these days, when im not studying for every damn I.T. cert there is, ima search for all of blues posts and learn everything there is to know about SOUND.
                          you'll need at least a month to absorb everything he's posted around here.

Comment

yeah ill glue myself to the chair and take notes. hey blue if you have voice confrence ill just put my voice recorder by my computer and if you dont mind just take a few days or weeks and rattle off everything you know about this ****...Ill be sure to get plenty of tapes.
                            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                              yeah ill glue myself to the chair and take notes. hey blue if you have voice confrence ill just put my voice recorder by my computer and if you dont mind just take a few days or weeks and rattle off everything you know about this ****...Ill be sure to get plenty of tapes.

lol, i don't even half as many posts here as i did on protegeclub

Comment

one large e12K.44 with cheese, please... to go...

Comment

Working...
                                X