No announcement yet.

Getting one more e12K.44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do get another sub from ED, good luck as far as how long it will take to get to your door. Didn't you get the run around with the amp you got from them? I think I read on another site that they are doing away with the flat cones because the distributor that they get the materials from has been too slow, causing delays to the customer(s).
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

The flat cones will be around for a while MisterT. Eric Brooks (eD Sales) said "3 weeks" a week ago. So, hopefully in two weeks I should be able to order one... Meanwhile, can you show me a pic of your new boxes?

blue, are you working on a design, man? or waiting for exact dimensions?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder

get me some dimensions i don't want to design someting, then have it too big do you want 2 seperate boxes, like i built for misterT? i made it so it has 3 bolts through the inside of the boxes, which have to be secured in the car, then install the subs. or do you want just one big box, possibly with a common chamber?

Comment

I gotta get in on this.
          THe equasion for sound intensity is
          10*log(power ratio) why 10 because they are called decibells with out the 10 we would only be using bells..old school style.
          double power => +3db.
          Im good at math.

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
            I gotta get in on this.
            10*log(power ratio) why 10 because they are called decibells with out the 10 we would only be using bells..old school style.
            double power => +3db.
            Im good at math.

i prefer to use practical application over forumulas 3 dB's is a general rule, which is not 100% accurate, do to so many variables which no mathematical equation can take into account but good job on the equation i forgot all that when i dropped out of school

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
              get me some dimensions i don't want to design someting, then have it too big do you want 2 seperate boxes, like i built for misterT? i made it so it has 3 bolts through the inside of the boxes, which have to be secured in the car, then install the subs. or do you want just one big box, possibly with a common chamber?
              okay, dimensions are coming soon... right after I have breakfast

the design... which one do you think is more practical?
              is there a difference in the sound properties of two separate boxes compared to one with a combined chamber?

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
                I gotta get in on this.
                double power => +3db.
                Im good at math.
                I agree about the deci part, but what's the formula with 20 for?

Comment

okay, dimensions are coming soon... right after I have breakfast

the design... which one do you think is more practical?
                  is there a difference in the sound properties of two separate boxes compared to one with a combined chamber?

having a common chamber will be more practical because you can run a shorter port and you don't have the added volume of 2 sets of the vent walls. the downside is that if one sub dies, you can't run the other

Comment

what happens if one dies and I don't know till some hours (days ) later?

Comment

what happens if one dies and I don't know till some hours (days ) later?

when one dies, you'll know if one sub looses continuity and you have them wired in parallel, the other sub will keep playing, but it will sound quite a bit different. the dead sub will work as a passive radiator. now if you totally fry the VC of one, then the resistance of the fried one will cause the amp to go into protect mode.

Comment

ugh, I should have known better...
                        I did not take into account the fact that they would be wired in parallel.

Comment

I hope this is good enough...

Comment

good diagrams your trunk is very similar in dimensions as the 3rd gens. i'll keep it under 32" wide, 15-16" tall, and 16" deep. i'll post something up later.

Comment

The flat cones will be around for a while MisterT. Eric Brooks (eD Sales) said "3 weeks" a week ago. So, hopefully in two weeks I should be able to order one... Meanwhile, can you show me a pic of your new boxes?

I need to borrow my dad's digital camera. He is the only one in the family that has one so far. My Bday is coming up, maybe I should ask for one! Hmm!!
                              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                              Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                                I need to borrow my dad's digital camera. He is the only one in the family that has one so far. My Bday is coming up, maybe I should ask for one! Hmm!!
                                how far away does your father live?

Comment

Working...
                                X