No announcement yet.

Best Sub, for the $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cmon MisterT, just get the new amps already and solve your issues!

Comment

I am seriously considering it. Either Tsunami or Avionixx. I was looking at the Avionixx AXT800.2 or Tsunami DB1100 I think it is, but of course, would turn the gains way down for the latter of the two. I could get it too! :p: I have some money in my savings. Must resist...vaccine is for audiobug is wearing off... On top of that, Blue will have my box redone soon too. Gotta make sure I have enough to pay him for the box first.
      Last edited by MisterT; 09-15-2003, 06:01 PM.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

hell, being that your 12's will soon be in a ported box, you could easily get by with a 600 watt amp. the jbl BP600.1 wouldn't be a bad choice either it's a nice, efficent class D amp that has a small footprint rider69 has one on his 12k, and i've never heard him complain

Comment

And as a matter of fact....It might be up for sale soon as I might be going with different amps...perhaps US Amps. Interested MisterT?

Comment

Hey do you guys no any other amp that would work the same/close for about the same amount of money cause element is temp. outta them and they told me to get ahold of avionix and they were being "dicks" I asked if they had some 400.2 in stock he said yeah I asked if there were shipping them out to element or if I could order them and then he asked how I heard abou them and told him from element. he said okay bye I said wait so can I order one or are you shipping them two element he said okay bye that happened like 3 times??????
            02 Pro5
            Eibachs
            Kartboy shortshifter w/ bushings
            E.12k.14 sub w/
            2150 US Acouctics
            Some what tinted

Comment

us acoustics is a great deal at only $175 for a 375 watt amp. but you'll have to get the dual 4 ohm sub from ED, not the single like before. the us acoustics amps are rated at 12.9 volts, so you know you'll get at least that much power when you run your car
              The rare domain name TheZeb.com is now available for purchase, lease or rent for your next The Zeb project. The perfect name for your marketing and advertising campaigns.

get the USX600D

Comment

Originally posted by Rider69
                And as a matter of fact....It might be up for sale soon as I might be going with different amps...perhaps US Amps. Interested MisterT?
                Hmmm!!! I love my SoundStream, but it is very tempting. I see it is also 1 ohm stable too. I was telling Blue that just for kicks I put my 6.0 on the highs, but it seemed to be overpowering them versus the 3.0 that is pushing them now. I had to adjust the xover to 120 Hz because the mids and highs were having a time producing 80Hz and above with the extra power. I don't won't to lose the midbass either. FYI, I have 5 1/4's in the kickpanels and the 6 1/2's (midbass only) in the doors.

Lenny, sorry to jack your thread like this! :p: As far as your question on amps, a guy got a Tsunami do to the Avionixx being on back order and really loved it. The bad thing is the warranty on them isn't like the 2 year warranty that the Avionixx has. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it if it is installed right, but it's a chance you have to take. You could go with the amp Blue suggested, but I haven't heard any thing bad nor good about them, so personally don't know what to tell you there. Sorry for not being of more help in that department. I you running a single or dual subs and did you go with the single voice coil or the dual voice coil?

Groundkit

Comment

what do you think of mtx subs, i had a box with 3 12's in it, and it was a nice sound, loud as hell.
                  .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                  225.94wtq
                  torque monster!!!!
                  dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                  http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                  http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I ahve a Q... are the JL w12's better than the w7's....

Comment

MTX makes pretty good bang for your buck subs. There is a guy on another site who swears by them, but as far as Xmax (excursion), the Elemental Designs have more than even the JL Audio subs. I am not putting JL down, but you should see the mark ups on those things!!! A lot of what you pay for is the name. I am pleasantly surprised that Alpine doesn't have overpriced head units. As a matter of fact, they have come down significantly. Their HU's with 4 volt preouts start at $200!!!! That is outstanding compared to other brands like Kenwood, Pioneer, and so on.

Asylum, 1st MP3 would probably tell you that the W2's put out more SPL, but the W7 is more for sound quality than SPL. I remember him telling some one about the W3's versus the W7's in that category. They are both excellent subs, but designed for different types of applications.

Groundkit

Comment

not w2's... w12's

Comment

They must be new because I thought they went up to W7s and that was it. 1st MP3 works at a shop that sells JL and would know more about the difference. Have you seen SoundStream Taruntula subs? OMG, I just about came in my pants when I saw those!!! I hate to see how much they cost though!

Groundkit

Comment

I want the w12.... +/- 20 MM excursion 4000w peak

Last edited by asylum24; 09-16-2003, 09:26 PM.

Comment

the w12 is a JBL sub, not a JL sub
                              jl audio's best sub is the w7, the 12w7 is 29mm xmax and the element design 12" A series sub only has 27mm xmax so eds subs don't have a higher xmax. the jl13w7 has a 32mm xmax, whici is pretty awesome, too bad Resonant engineering 10" xxx has a 32 mm xmax
                              '02 classic red p5
                              currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

I meant jbl.. not jl.. just a typo

Comment

Working...
                                X