No announcement yet.

Best Sub, for the $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THEGOLDPRO, MTX has always been one of the better "store" brands as far as quality is concerned. my old roomate worked at CC, and i worked at BB, plus i had my hook up through my disrtibutor course me personally, i've never been a fan of most of the products they sell in either store

asylum24, the JBL sub came out before the W7's, if i remember correctly, and were the leading SQ sub, till the w7 came out. then the w7 pretty much destroyed it:p: now they are just overpriced for what you get. very few people still run them, and brahmass, idmax's, etc blow them away too.

walight01, thanks for clearing up the excursion issue. i believe mister T was refering to comprable lines with JL, not necessarily the top contendors i still haven't seen an ED A-series in a comparison against a w7. but i have seen the brahma, and each had their strong points. the brahma had better low end, while the w7 had better higher bass. the w7 will be louder, if the wattage to each is under about 1,200 watts, but above that, the brahma will destroy the w7, usually by about 1.5 dB's the brahma sounds better in smaller boxes, too some argue that the motor structure on the w7 is superior, but with how much abuse most people put there brahma through, i don't see how that's possible:p: especially when they hold world records, and the loudest MECA vehicle ever

Comment

Elemental Designs is supposed to have a demo vehicle out soon. It will be interesting to see how it sounds. The worse one I heard when working at a stereo shop was Kenwood's. They had a kick ass Z28 Camaro, with custom every thing throughout. The highs were too bright and unnatural sounding and the bass from their Excelon subs were all, but impressive. I sat in the Pioneer's Cadillac demo vehicle and was blown away by it's sound quality! No comparison between the two. The Kenwood like it's car it was in was all for show and volume, whereas the Pioneer like it's car was for quality and they did just that. I got to see one of Alpine's demo trucks, but the rep was a dick and didn't want to demo the soundsystem for some odd reason (probably ****ed the **** up on the way to Charleston). That was years ago and a lot has changed since then.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
        I want the w12.... +/- 20 MM excursion 4000w peak

http://international.jbl.com/car/pro...nguage=ENGLISH
        o and i forgot to say the w12 only has a 700 watt rms
        '02 classic red p5
        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
          o and i forgot to say the w12 only has a 700 watt rms
          peak power doesn't mean **** now peak rms power is a different story hell, richard clark took a brahma 15 and hooked up 30K watts to it before he could hear audible distortion if that's not a peak power, i don't know what is

Comment

i've said it before, if we only had 30k watts
            '02 classic red p5

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
              i've said it before, if we only had 30k watts

how many amps does a PA amp suck down? too bad it can't be used in comps, since it's not 12 volts, though

Comment

how about the usx2150 http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/us_acoustics.html
                with the e12k.14 or wouldn't that workout????? (e12k.44 are outta stock)
                02 Pro5
                Eibachs
                Kartboy shortshifter w/ bushings
                E.12k.14 sub w/
                2150 US Acouctics
                Some what tinted

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny
                  how about the usx2150 http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/us_acoustics.html
                  with the e12k.14 or wouldn't that workout????? (e12k.44 are outta stock)
                  yeah, that would work. my only concern is on their website it doesn't have a x-over listed and with the 600D you get low pass, bass boost, and a remote level control. along with lower power consumption. but if you HU has a x-over for the sub channel, the 2150 will work fine

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                    and with the 600D you get low pass, bass boost, and a remote level control. along with lower power consumption. but if you HU has a x-over for the sub channel, the 2150 will work fine [/B]
                    Now in terms I could understand...sorry. Learning..........slowly. HU??? When I call them up what would I ask them about before I buy it another words?
                    02 Pro5
                    Eibachs
                    E.12k.14 sub w/
                    2150 US Acouctics
                    Some what tinted

Comment

hu=headunit
                      '02 classic red p5

Comment

if your head unit has a built in x-over, then the 2150 will work fine. if not, get the 600D, but since the sub is out of stock, then you will need to find out when they can ship it, and if it's going to be a while, it's time to find a different amp

Comment

well, you've got another option as far as the amp goes, in the same price range. the rockford fosgate 400S:
                          The rare domain name TheZeb.com is now available for purchase, lease or rent for your next The Zeb project. The perfect name for your marketing and advertising campaigns.

400x1 at 4 ohm mono rms. $170. cross overs, and bass boost. not a bad choice at all

Comment

but if the 2150 has a crossover, it will work? right....(HU...duh. I'm dumb) would you suggest the 2150 if has the crossover?
                            02 Pro5
                            Eibachs
                            E.12k.14 sub w/
                            2150 US Acouctics
                            Some what tinted

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny
                              but if the 2150 has a crossover, it will work? right....(HU...duh. I'm dumb) would you suggest the 2150 if has the crossover?
                              yep, and if it doesn't, order the RF amp. can't go wrong with it

Comment

thanks for all the help and sorry for all the questions. We'll see what happens now.
                                02 Pro5
                                Eibachs
                                E.12k.14 sub w/
                                2150 US Acouctics
                                Some what tinted

Comment

Working...
                                X