This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jitb37
    Was protege bob talking about it having to be extended for his protege or 323? Because i have a mx3 exh on my car, and i was told that its the same legth as the 323, but its short by like a foot on the protege. IF he was tlakin about the protege than it will fit leght wise perfectly on the 323.
    dunno... good question....

Once I get it, I will let you guys know though...
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
      I know its taking forever and killing me, but so long as I got stuff to do while the motor is out, I figure it will be easier.

One thing I recomend doing while the engine is out is drilling a hole for all your gauges in the firewall. I didnt do this and it was a pain to route all the wireing, specially if you have an A-pillar mount set up like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by swalltr207jg
        One thing I recomend doing while the engine is out is drilling a hole for all your gauges in the firewall. I didnt do this and it was a pain to route all the wireing, specially if you have an A-pillar mount set up like myself.
        in my protege if you remover the drivers fender there is a hole that goes into the cabin of the car and another hole that goes into the engine bay right up by the battery....i routed my gauge wiring through there and it worked just fine after extending some wires...
        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
        Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
          in my protege if you remover the drivers fender there is a hole that goes into the cabin of the car and another hole that goes into the engine bay right up by the battery....i routed my gauge wiring through there and it worked just fine after extending some wires...
          I'm either gonna do that, or possibly expand the hole for the speedo cable... Since I have to add the speedo cable anyways.

Comment

Updates!

Got my huge ass SMIC in. 3.25in thick FC3S SMIC. I'll let the pics do the explaning from here:
            Attached Files

Comment

Next to it will be a civic 1/2 sized radiator.

The piping will come right off the cold side of the turbo and hit the first inlet. From there it will be piped up on the far side straight to the TB. Smaller, less piping that a TMIC, and way less bends. All IC piping will match the exhaust and be 2.5in stainless steel.

Comment

Damn man, you sure that will fit behind the radiator like you planned?
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                  Damn man, you sure that will fit behind the radiator like you planned?
                  Next to it will be a civic 1/2 sized radiator.

Side by side... too thick to be behind.... Cools better this way anyways...

Complete sleeper until the BOV hits... by then I will be gone.

Comment

damn dude looks nice i hope everything works out for you.
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Side by side... too thick to be behind.... Cools better this way anyways...

Complete sleeper until the BOV hits... by then I will be gone.
                      with a turbo as small as the vj20 there is NO sleeper affect...it spools at such low rpm's that you cant help but push the gas every time you see some 1 then let off to let them hear the BOV roar.....i still havent gotten over that sound....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.