No announcement yet.

so it begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had the plastic part of that pipe that I used - the rest I fabbed using a 90 degree 2.5 inch mandrel bent tube along with a 2.5-3 inch reducer and another coupler. It works well - but I think the stock plastic pipe is quite restrictive.

If the damn compressor inlet wasn't just a tad smaller than 2 inches, I would have put in a complete 2.5 inch mandrel bent intake that is like the rest of my intercooler piping.

Comment

well i got some reducers and stuff and fabed up an intake pipe...ill get it welded tommarow...its 2inch piping with a reducer from the 2in to 2.5 to the BP VAF...i think its plenty big ince the inlet on the turbo is only like 1 3/4 inches...
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

im at the point where im ready to just push the car off a cliff. i got all the pipes welded and the BOV is on....the car ran great for the first hour....then the **** hit the fan...every time without fail when i hit boost no matter if i just idle to it or puch it when boost kicks in its like i hit a brick wall. it seems like the car shuts off and turns back on instantly...i cant go above boost at all!!! but the car will rev freely when the car is not in motoin....i have tryed reseting the ecu by disconnecting the batter and turning the headlights on and leaving it like that over night and it didnt do anything....i tryed the NA bp VAF and the RX7 VAF and even if i turn the wheel 1 way or the other it still doesnt matter....

also... the car WILL NOT idle when the car is cold...i have to keep my foor lightly on the gas to keep it going untill it warms up.... and the car backfires what seems like ever .5 seconds after it warms up and when i try to drive it seems like the back fire is ever .2 seconds

the car DUMPS black smoke in mass quantities and smells super rich. im on the GTX harness and ECU, i have a knock controller but no sensor, a walbro pump blah blah blah...

im open to ANY ideas...i need all the help i can get...im starting to loose my patience really fast with this thing.... if you would be willing to come down and help me lex i will buy your ferry ticket and meet you at the anacortes docks...

More Information

Comment

sucks to hear that man....

dont mean to ask the stupid questions, but they might spark something, and make you/another member think of something.

IACV rubber hose in good condition?
          Any leaks in any of the air/vacuum hoses?
          is the FMIC leaking from the dent?

good luck dood?
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

no leaks and the hose is in good shope...made sure b4 i sinstalled it

More Information

Comment

check what you did after the last time the car was runing good. check your turbo, maby there someting wrong with it, you say its leaking oil that not good to begin with.
              2012 Kia rio
              2009 Nissan Frontier
              1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

did you check your timing?

Comment

Hey red - sorry to hear about all this ... have you checked all your grounds? Mine had the hit the brick wall problem at first too when my wiring wasn't done so well.

How long does it take you get to your place? I may be able to swing by tomorrow. Let me know man.

Comment

well from the ferry dock i am like 2minutes away....if you drive im about half an hour south east of bellingham (like 15-30mins south of the border on I5), shoot me a pm if you think you could make it and ill send you my cell number....

i dont know why it started to take a **** on me like this....ill look at the grounds but i dont know....how many grounds should there be? i think i only have like 2 or 3 on the engine itself...

i set the timing to exactly the same as my bp was set at but i dont have a timing light to check it.