Some small Questions about Megasquirt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some small Questions about Megasquirt.

So I'm planning to jump aboard the Megasquirt train and go standalone. The problem I've noticed, though, is that there are certain features on the BP/car in general that megasquirt cannot control (or that i'm not sure if it can control).

So my questions are:

1. Do you guys still use VICS with MS?
    2. Can megasquirt control the a/c? How about the Idle air?

Anything else that I should worry about when going standalone?

I'm pretty familiar with the ECU. Not too worried about figuring out which wire is which... just not sure about the tuning end of megasquirt. I have heard that the base map on MS can run the BP fairly well, but I just need to know what would all be needed for things like the A/C, IAC (I really don't feel like making an IAC blockoff plate and would rather retain the IAC), and VICS..

Thanks guys!!

Hey, the answer is yes to all those questions. The MS can control VICS, the IAC, and A/C. To run these you need to build some additional circuits inside the basic MS itself. You can of course build one yourself, but if you want a Plug and Play system, check out my signature.

Comment

thanks!! I'll check them out . I think that plug-and-play is a lot less of a pain then me building it.

Comment

GO PLUG AND PLAY!

the lack of support made me sell mine
        im going haltech
        if you go to the ms forums they have a specific article on the ac which you will have to build even with the pnp (i believe) but the pnp should control vics...maybe...0-o

EFI, Fuel Injection, Auto, automotive, car, TPI, computation, ECU, MegaSquirt, GPIO, MicroSquirt, Sequencer, stim, MegaShift, MShift, DIY, transmission, 4L60E, 4L80E, controller, shifter
        95 mazda mx3 1.6L dohc b6de
        removed ac/power steering, cold air intake, "custom" catback, bg tranny, b&m shifter, dropzone lowering springs, kyb struts, all moog moving parts, and my dash looks pretty :D

ford

Comment

Originally posted by 4gotn View Post
          GO PLUG AND PLAY!

the lack of support made me sell mine
          im going haltech
          if you go to the ms forums they have a specific article on the ac which you will have to build even with the pnp (i believe) but the pnp should control vics...maybe...0-o

http://www.megamanual.com/forums.htm
          The PNP we sell does control all that the OP has asked for out of the box - AND we provide full support until the car is running because I agree, the learning curve can be a little steep.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
            The PNP we sell does control all that the OP has asked for out of the box - AND we provide full support until the car is running because I agree, the learning curve can be a little steep.
            i liked the open source options on the ms but i had a ms2 i built and i never could get it to trigger properly with my setup. im literally the only person in town that even knew what megasquirt was so fuel correction/timing triggers were up to me to figure out. btw it was 95 mx3 so the bar was extremely high.
            95 mazda mx3 1.6L dohc b6de
            removed ac/power steering, cold air intake, "custom" catback, bg tranny, b&m shifter, dropzone lowering springs, kyb struts, all moog moving parts, and my dash looks pretty :D

ford

Comment

Working...
            X